The moment I saw Kyle I cried out in distress,

“Kyle!”

He was leaning up against a tree, pressing all his weight into it. His face was deadly white and drenched with sweat.

“Kyle” I called out again but got no response. The shirt I had gave him to hold against the wound was gone letting the blood slowly leak out all over his clothes. Dread was quickly making a cloud over my head as I struggled to think what to do. Lakota was whining and licking at Kyle’s face just as scared as I was. I glanced up anxiously seeing if I could find anything to help him but there was not. That was one of the gifts and cures of being a werewolf with healing abilities, there’s no need for us to carry tools for wounds when it would heal in minutes. But these damn hunters found a way around our healing abilities.

I needed to get the bullet out somehow then maybe it would heal but what can I use? I glared at the ground to find something when my eyes scanned past my hand and I cursed once more at my stupidity. I dusted my hands on my jeans and let my wolf take over a bit to grow my pointer finger and thumb nail to sharp pointed claws.

“Lets see if this works.” I said mostly to myself. I lifted his blood socked hem to see the wound and took a deep breath, I knew this was going to hurt. Slowly I pressed my claws in the small hole and instantly his body jerked in pain as he hissed. His eyes were still closed but his brows were furrowed deeply in agony. I apologized mentally a thousand times for hurting him like this but it had to be done.

My fingers fished around in the bleeding hole till I felt the solid metal. I almost jerked my hand away when I felt the burn of the silver but gritted my teeth against the pain and continued. It took me a few tries but when I pinched it between my nails and I pulled it out quickly. I sighed in relief; it was all over for now till I heard Kyle gasp in pain and yelled. His body began to seize suddenly and I fell back on my ass as I watched in horror.

“No!” I screamed scrambling forward to hold his jerking body down. His wound filled with disgusting sliver foam. I glanced at the bullet I had dropped to see the points from where my nails imbedded in the silver was leaking the same silver fluid; Those damn bastard knew I would try and get it out. They couldn’t be satisfied with shooting him they had to poison him too!

There was nothing I could do now, I was utterly helpless. Pathetically I stared at the wound as it festered at too fast a pace. His body slowly began to stop seizing till he was completely motionless. Fear streaked through my blood for a moment when I noticed he was still breathing. I sighed uneasily knowing there was nothing to be relieved about with Kyle in this predicament.

“How do I wash the silver out?” I continually and franticly asked myself but had no answer. After sitting here for who knows how long I knew we had to get moving. I dug in the bags for another shirt and made a makeshift bandage to wrap around his waist before picking Kyle up on my back.

I needed to find a hospital maybe they knew what to do… but then they’ll find out our existence. Grunting under Kyle’s weight I continued to move straight ahead desperate to save my mate from the death looming over him.

<*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*>

~Kyle~

Darkness and pain

 The air was stale and rancid. My whole body hurt; every move I made caused pain to wrack through me. A frigid wind was constantly washing over my body till not even my normal high tempter body heat couldn’t warm me, I tried to lift my head but it felt like a twenty pound weight on my shoulder not to mention I felt restrained all over. Where am I?

I was so tired; and again I fell unconscious unable to stay awake.

<*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*>

~Levi~

His weight was beginning to crush me, and the fever radiating from his body was burning my back as I rushed through the woods hoping to find someone, a house or cabin. Through the long tread through these woods and the race against time to save Kyle all my chemistry lessons came back to me. If I got my hands on some vinegar and peroxide maybe the silver will dissolve completely. (A/N: This is not really true; I know nothing of chemistry lol.) I just hope it doesn’t harm him more than he already is.

****

The sky was darkening and my body was aching from carrying Kyle for so long but dared not stop though I  knew I would have to eventually. Lakota was trotting close behind me just as driven as me. After another few more miles or so I reluctantly had to stop for the night so I decided to make camp by a nearby stream. I pulled out a thin blanket I stuffed in one of the bags just in case. I laid Kyle down on the blanket wrapping it around him and using our packs as a pillow for his head. He was shivering from his fever so I hurriedly took a tank top from the pack, drenched it in to the stream and turned back to place it on his forehead. Lakota curled himself against Kyle’s body as I sat on his other side brushing his hair back with the wet shirt.

I had to find a town soon or Kyle will lose this fight, but I was going off pure experimental chance that my antidote might work. Kyle suddenly whined in his sleep and I froze watching his brows furrow deeply, his jaw muscles ticked under his skin.

“Kyle” I said softly but he gave no sign he heard me.

I continued wiping his face and hair with the shirt periodically dipping it back in the water.

“I should have dropped you off at the pack house, and then this all could have been avoided.” I whispered to his unconscious form. “I would never forgive myself if I were to lose you again Kyle so please fight this. Try, please.” My voice broke as a painful lump clogged my throat.

“There so much I want to know about you and you’re the only one I want to hear it from, so get better and remember; I can’t lose you … not again.” I begged.

I felt something warm roll down my cheeks and I quickly wiped it away to see liquid. Tears; tears of sorrow and lose, tears of pain and anger. I never knew who Kyle really was and the short time I had with him these last few weeks were the best I ever had with him and I couldn’t lose him just like that.

“I‘ll kill them all” I growled suddenly, rage filling my blood. “F*cking hunters think they can play god? Wipe us from existence because they see us as monsters when it’s them who are the real monsters!” I gripped his motionless hand in mine tightly. “I swear to you Kyle I’ll get them all for this even if I die in the process, there is no life without you in it, my beloved mate, and I refuse to have you taken from me!” both my wolf and I howled our vengeance, we would be with our other half one way or another be it in life or … death.

And that was a promise.