15 sixth year: entry two

Começar do início

The shop's bell clinked and in walked the people that he didn't expect to see. The Weasel, Saint Potter and without her usual confidence- Hermione Granger. Her hair was down today and it covered her face. The air smelled sweet, it was unfair how he noticed how well her scent instantly mixed with the smell of the fabric inside the shop. It wasn't flowery like most girls' scents are but a bit like honey in the garden coupled with sunshine on a summer's day.

Their eyes met. Gray grazing brown.

His usually cold skin instantly felt warm, like ice was being thawed.

He blinked it away and focused on his reflection. He doesn't belong with her. "If you're wondering about the smell, Mother. A mudblood just walked in."

Madam Malkin instantly reprimanded him for his choice of words.

Potter spoke up for Hermione but she stopped him and this time the hair that covered the other half of her face was drawn and he saw what she was hiding. Something or someone had hit her hard on the eye. There was a circular bruise around it, purple and red, indicating that it's still quite fresh. Draco swallowed hard, if words were tangible punches he would have been the one that caused that. "Tell me who hit you, Granger. I'd send them flowers."

Go at me. School me. Say something bad. Get back at me. Make me feel horrible.

But she took the noble road. She always did. Potter and The Weasel were the ones who got angry for her, they pointed their wands at Draco. Potter even made a go at Draco's mother. "Going to get a few Death Eaters to do us in, will you?"

Hermione gasped and looked at Madam Malkin who was equally shocked. Draco felt his blood boil.  Even if it's true-- a Death Eater-- why does it felt like an insult? When it is something to be earned and in their side, it was something to aspire to be. The conflict is starting again.

"...Dumbledore won't always be there to protect you," Narcissa scoffed at Potter. Draco need not worry when it came to slandering trash, his mother is queen.

But Potter is quick of wit as well, "So, why not have a go? They might be able to find you a double cell in Azkaban with your loser of a husband."

That made Draco snap, he reached around for his wand on his back pocket but there is fabric all around him. He can't reach it, in his frustration he stumbled forward and fell flat on his face.

He fumed in anger and embarrassment, the pins stuck him in various places. He threw down the robe on the floor. In a single flash, he saw Hermione looking at him, not jeering like The Weasel and Potter but with concern. Her features were soft and sad-- pity. It got him even more mad. "I don't think I want this anymore!"

His mother agreed with him and they walked out the shop. His face was hot with anger.

Kill or be killed. Nothing hurts.

Kill...

"Mother, I need to get some fresh air. Do you think you could go to Twilfitt and Tatting's alone and just give them my measurements?" Draco said as soon as they stepped out into the street. It's now or never.

"What do you mean?" His mother tried to fix his collar, fussing over him nervously. But he waved her hand away, they both know what he means. No use dilly dallying about it.

"I have to take care of something," he said simply, already turning away.

His mother pursed her lips and nodded. Draco wished that she could have masked how hurt she looked seeing him go. But what choice do they have?

"Don't-" Narcissa took a deep breath keeping the objections in, trying her hardest not to let her feelings of love for her only son win, "Draco, don't be too long."

Draco wanted to have been able to reassure her or maybe even smile but those things just make things worse when things eventually turn bad. Which they always do. It's inevitable.

He let her kiss him on the forehead before he headed to Borgin and Burkes.

Kill or be killed.

Kill.

Nothing hurts.

Nothing.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Aw, yis. Finally managed to update! It's been hella busy around here coupled with me always having to have a row with the people from the telephone companies and so on and so forth. So, how's everybody?

Song up top is 'I'll Show You' by Justin Bieber because goshdarnashtonirwin this song is winning! >.< And it just screams AYOOOOO DRACOOO!

Dedicated to SlytherinsFox ! I love her Harry Potter song book! >.< And I'm so happy that I'm not the only one that sees I'll Show You as a Draco song. :')

1,400+ reads and 210 stars! This is insane! Thank youuuuuu! XD