My Halloween Story....

Start from the beginning

Good enough to go 'bump into' Isaac Jenkins at the local shopping centre? Well, we'd just have to see. I spun around with excitement, already buzzing. However, then I spotted Chenise. Greeaat. I had forgotten about her! It was my day to babysit the little cutie, maybe I'd be able to take her with me? No, that wouldn't work, Chenise would end up setting New Look on fire with her eyes or something!

I ran around the west-wing of the house. This was the side of the manor dominated by the kiddy-winkles. Mum and Dad weren't going to be having another kid (13 was the traditional number of children my family had) but they still knew about protection. A disgusting thought, I know, but a fact. Bleugh!

I find this impossible to believe, but with twelve brothers and sisters you would expect one of them to be hanging around! But no.

So I ran outside, and dumped Chenise with Caitlyn.

"Faye! No, nut! Get lost," Caitlyn squealed. She wasn't happy with the baby being dumped on her. However, Jase was there to rescue me.

"C'mon, Caitlyn, babe," he soothed, "I can see what kind of a mum you'd make, and then when Faye gets home, maybe we can..."

"EW!" I yelled, "can you please wait until I'm at least out of earshot? That's... ew!"

But now to 'bump into' Isaac.

--------------------------------

Isaac was the singularly most gorgeous person on this planet. Except maybe Edward Cullen (yes, he exists!) or Lloyd Daniel (I'm a witch, but not allowed to use my powers to make him love me, how is that fair?) but that isn't the point.

Isaac Jenkins is the only good looking boy from my school. It isn't like me to fall in love with a mortal (Lloyd being an exception) but this boy seriously resembled a Greek God. I know some folk say, 'oh yeah, my boyfriend's a total GOD! Like, ahem, a GREEK one!' but Isaac was!

His black hair flopped everywhere, cascading into his perfect brown eyes. Man, he's hot. His skin was also as soft and clear as a baby's bottom. He was kind of emo, but not totally, if you catch my drift.

I loved him.

You might ask, why weren't we already a couple? I'm a witch, and I know the spell, so why don't I just magic Isaac to fall in love with me? Good question.

At that point, Isaac bumped into me.

"Oh, sorry there, doll," he said, looking up. He saw it was me and winked.

"Oh, hey Isaac," I said, smiling at him. The teeth had been polished, straightened, were the right length, and perfectly perfect for this boy. I had also practised my alluring smile so much in the mirror recently it was unbelievable.

"Fancy bumping into you like this," Isaac started. My heartbeat started to race and my breathing became raged. He knew - he knew I had planned this! Oh, God, he knew I was a witch!

"Yeah," I replied, faking calm.

"Especially on a dark Halloween night, like tonight," he whispered evilly. I shivered involuntary.

"Yeah," I breathed, too stunned to speak.

"Hey, come trick-or-treating with me?" he suggested. I nodded silently, anything for him. He took me by the hand, and led me into the night.

--------------------------------

I knew why I didn't bewitch Isaac. I loved him so much; I wanted him to love me for me. Not because he was under the impression he loved me, but because his heart told him truthfully that he loved me. Also, I couldn't take away Isaac's choice. That wouldn't be fair.

Oh man, I just wished he loved me too!

--------------------------------

Faye was looking stunning. Dressed up in her usual colour: green. It suited her perfectly. I wouldn't have her in any other colours but black and green. I always seemed to be bumping into her though; it was weird how that happened.

I jumped at the opportunity. Faye and I out together. Like a date.

I loved her.

--------------------------------

I twisted my fingers into an intricate pattern and muttered the words under my breath. Her nose suddenly became covered in warts.

Serves her right, the slut. I mean, who comes to the door in a Playboy Bunny outfit? In this weather? Stupid whore.

She screamed in agony as though her legs had just been chopped off. As a matter of fact, I knew a spell that could do that... No, control is essential! I couldn't afford to get caught.

I tried (and failed) to keep my sniggering under my breath, or laugh slyly. Alas, I am doomed to fail at being sly. Shame, that...

The night had gone magnificently well. Isaac and I were getting on like a house on fire. When the houses we knocked on asked us what we were, Isaac wittly replied, "we're teenagers - duu?"

We did look rather gothic and scary, so most houses accepted us as making an effort to dress up.

I loved Isaac...

--------------------------------

I loved Faye...

--------------------------------

Three hours later, and we stopped to rest at a park bench. It was about eleven at night now, and Jack Frost was turning his icy eyes on everything.

Naked to the mortal eyes, but not to mine (special contacts, y'know?) floated tiny ice particals, and Jack Frost actually could be seen.

Jack was an ex of mine, and I just loved to wind him up, like a little toy. I whispered another spell and pointed to the fountain, melting the ice in the pool of the fountain, and the lights.

He shreiked as icy cold water cascaded over him. He was shrieking only because he got a fright - not because of the temperature. That was going to change though. I whispered something else and steam rose from the fountain Jack was now playing in. I chuckled as he started shrieking in annoyance. It was so funny watching Jack get mad.

He turned round and gave me full on evils. Whoops.

"What's so funny?" Isaac asked, whispering in my ear.

"Oh, nothing," I replied, smiling back at him.

"Good," he whispered. Then he leant towards me and my smile widened.

I noticed in the side of my eye Jack Frost walk away sadly. He didn't want to watch as his ex and another dude sat snogging on a park bench at eleven at night on Halloween.

--------------------------------

I pulled back, and looked at Faye. She was utterly perfect in every single way.

Then, suddenly, Jancie Barker from school jumped out of the bushes behind us, shrieking as loud as possible.

"She's a witch! She's a witch! Faye is a proper, Harry-Potter style WITCH!"

--------------------------------

Oohh, shit...

--------------------------------

To be continued........