Chapter 14

Okay this chapter is kind of, really short but :/ ... yeah. ANYWHO i just wanted to say thanks for everyone giving me ideas, i really need them so if have an idea feel free to share it. Or if you don't want anyone else seeing it and judging you, you can private message me and i promise I wont. Every Idea is a good idea... 

~@~

Chapter 14-

*Luke’s P.O.V*

For an unknown reason I feel myself brim with unshed tears. Not once in years have I cried, I always forced them away. I didn’t want to cry, not now, not ever. There was never any reason to cry after my dad died. Nothing ever bet that. Not my grandmothers passing, not when I broke my leg, not when I was kidnapped. They never bet my dad, but why now?

Why am I crying for a boy I don’t know? Well, a boy I hardly know. He was a vampire, he bit me, but after all that he still saved my mum and I and that bet everything anyone had ever done to me. I know now that he’s my mate but I still don’t want to cry for Sam.

If that’s even his real name. A chilly voice says in the back of my mind.

After I passed out I could see many things, things I couldn’t see before. Things I refused to see. When I was younger I would have visions about certain people, I thought I was being greatly affected by my dad’s death so I ruled it out as something that would pass with time.

Every night after the day of my dad’s death I would dream of other people. Like I was them, living and breathing. Sometimes I would have one night’s sleep without seeing someone else’s life but even then, the nice dream would twist and turn until it formed into my dad’s death. Everything was the same and everything I looked at during the dream seemed too real.

For years I never knew why I had dreams about other people but after hearing my mum’s confession I knew it had to have something to do with that. Last night was the worst one yet. Not once during a dream did I turn into someone I knew, no this time I did. This time I turned into no other than Sam. The same Sam that’s a vampire, the same Sam that saved us.

Watching though his eyes I expected him to fight, to be strong and find a way to escape but the very second I was thrown into his body I knew he wasn’t doing that. On the outside he was feeling no emotions but deep, deep down I could feel how the old Sam was feeling. He wasn’t happy, nor sad but drained. He was tired of fighting who he really was. He was tired of no one accepting him for the real him.

Images flashed through my mind then, of when we first met. The first time he smiled at me. It lit up my whole world. Then when he tried to push me away, he tried so hard but in his eyes I could tell he hated the thought of me walking away, possibly hating him.

He tried his best to keep me away and not get me hurt. Apparently anyone he meets gets hurt eventually and he didn’t want to pull me into that. He wanted to lock me in a glass cabinet. Look, not touch. Through his eyes I was everything he ever wanted. He wanted to hold me, feel me in his arms. Whether it was sleeping or awake he didn’t care, as long as I was there.

That was the past now. Now he wouldn’t even notice my face if he were to look at me. He’d see me as another meal, not as a living person. As my mother said, he’s gone. I refused to accept that but after this I knew I had no choice but to accept that into my life. The one person that could possibly help me and make everything better is gone, maybe for a little while, or maybe forever. Only time can tell.

~@~

I woke up, sweat pouring down my body in bucketful’s. Once I calm myself down enough I look around. Where am I? I’ve never seen this place before.

Someone places a hand on my shoulder, I scream at the sudden touch and they jerk away. I back myself against the far wall begging them not to hurt me. “Shh, Luke it’s only me. Your mum.” They coo and finally I calm down enough to open my eyes and take another look around. I’m in some living room, white carpeted floor, couch, TV. Everything a living room needs.

“Where are we?” I ask.

She takes a seat and looks at me sadly. “We needed to leave. It’s not safe in Urban anymore.” She says seriously and my eyes go wide in realisation.

“WHAT?!” I practically scream. “Where are we now?” I fold my arms across my chest.

She looks up at me through the newly sprung tears and shakes her head. It’s obvious I’m not going to get anything from her so instead I walk around the house hoping to find something that says where we are. I catch something like that in the modern kitchen and my jaw nearly hits the floor. “MUM! We’re 5 hours away!” I scream and barge into the living room.

“We h-had to g-go.” She stutters through her sobs.

“Why?” I whisper.

“They’ll find you again, they’ll take you away.” She mumbles to herself.

I sigh, running a hand down my face. “Well, why didn’t you at least tell me?” I whisper, suddenly too tired to deal with this.

“Because I knew you wouldn’t leave. Sam was close and you wouldn’t want to leave him.”

“So you forced me away.”

She shakes her head. “He wasn’t coming back Luke, don’t you see that?”

I pull at my hair, “No mum, I don’t get it. You’re meant to help me. You taught me not to give up and run away. What are we doing mum?” I answer before she even has a chance to think about it. “We’re running away.”

“There’s nothing we could have done for him, he’s lost.” In her own way of saying the conversations over she walks from the room.

I look to the ground. “I could have tried, as long as there was hope I could have found him.” I whisper but even in here I can tell that she heard me. Her footsteps halted for a moment before starting again and a door softly shutting between us.

‘There’s nothing we could have done for him, he’s lost.’ Are the only words running through my mind as I walk through the abandoned town. It’s like a haunted town, you can feel people watching you but when you look no one’s there.

I keep my head down, eyes on my feet dragging the ground beneath my shoes. I never had time to change after I got kidnapped so I still have scratched and torn clothes on; looking around though I don’t see anyone that could possibly see me like this.

After finding a small forest along the outskirts of the town I let my feet take me to where I need to go and my body follow. I don’t know where it’s taking me until I reach a small lake in what I’m assuming is the middle of the forest. I don’t know how I know that, I just do.

I sit by the side of the water, silently and stilly watching it was over the beach like sand. For what feels like minutes, but rather hours I sit there in a trance mesmerized by the water. A twig snap from behind m pulls me into reality quickly and I’m left stunned when I find a boy around my age standing there casually.

From just a glance at him I know he’s going to be some outgoing person. Seriously, he’s even dyed his head an almost fluoro like blue with orange tips.

He smiles, instantly calming me down. “Hi I’m Marcus.” 

~@~

Who's this Marcus? No seriously who is he? I have no idea at all. :P I'm just making this up as I go along. I actually wasn't going to keep doing this idea but everyone inspired me. OKAY! Did you like it, oh i hope you did!! It took me a little while to write. :) Sorry this chapter was kind of just explaining things a little but don't worry i'll try to make next chapter even better! If i get some comments or PM of ideas, votes and followers.