Chapter 2

The next day passed quickly. The darkness begin to fill the earth. Stanford and Dipper are gone now in the woods and Soos after them. The moon that shine between the trees makes them look scary.
The more they headed into the forest, the more it became darker. The trees took strange forms and combined with the fog created a spooky image.
They were close to the mountains. Dipper was following Stanford although he was scared.
-Great uncle Ford what do you think we will find there?
-I don't know we are going to find out soon.
-OK... said Dipper.
Soos was still behind them listening to every word they said. He accidentally stepped on a branch fallen on the ground.
-What was that? Said Dipper.
No one responded. He started to walk behind Stanford again. Soos was relieved that Dipper didn't saw him and started, more carefully, to follow them again.
The pale light of the moon was only source they had. They were close to the mountain now.
-There should be on cave or something like that somewhere.
-Great uncle Ford, there it is.
-Ohh yes.
They entered the cave but it was too dark so they had to lit a torch. The dark walls of the cave were illuminated by a yellow-orange light. There was strange simbols on the as well. Soos tried to see better but fails. Stanford and Dipper heard that sound
-OK I heard that too, said Stanford. Who is there? Show yourself!
Soos decided to stay hidden. Stanford goes deeper in the cave and Dipper follows him. A strange light appeared in front of them.
-Whoever is there, show yourself now!
-Hey duds, 'sup?
-Soos what the heck are you doing here? said Dipper
-Are you following us? Ford added.
-I was just trying to help.
-We don't need help Soos, said Ford.
-Well if I'm already here....
-Great uncle Ford maybe he can help us.
They continued walking through the cave when suddenly they saw a light.
-What is that? Soos asked.
-Maybe what we are looking for.
A strange noise came from behind them. They all turned around searching the source of that sound. A deep laugh filled the cave. That sinister laugh freezed them.
-Wait.. I know that laugh... SHOW YOURSELF! Stanford screamed.
-Well well well. It seems you haven't lost your IQ, smart guy. I'll take it from here sixer. Good job Soos, now take his research.
-S-Soos? What have you done?
-Sorry dudes... I have a deal with him..nothing personal.
-Soos! How could you?
-TRAITOR! screamed Ford while Soos was running.
Soos took the journal in Ford's hand and run off. Dipper falled on his knees and stared crying. Ford was in shock after this. They decided to return to the shack.
-What happened there? Mabel asked.
-Y-you won't believe...
-Try me!
-Soos betrayed us... he...he made a deal with Bill... he stole great uncle Ford's research.
-I...I.... this can't be true.. he'd never do that!
-Well.... it is.. he's a traitor...
They sit on the couch silently thinking on a plan but their minds refuse to process everything that just happened.