step 1: introduction

"well, well, well - if it isn't mr. detention" oikawa said in a mocking tone as he watched terushima approach him slowly, the other had a grin on his face - a menacing one.

"well, well, well - if it isn't mr. heartbreaker" terushima smirked at oikawa, the two shared a laugh before coming back to reality, some stuff had to be sorted. "so, i heard you broke up with megumi, i was surprised"

"how come? you know i never stay in relationships too long" oikawa scoffed. he finally took his books from the locker and faced terushima, that smug look on his face meant that he was up to no good, but then again it is terushima we are talking about, wouldn't be a day without one of terushima's dumb things.

"yeah i do, but things seemed different with megumi. you dated her for a couple of months and i really thought you two would stick together" terushima sighed, but oikawa simply chuckled at his words. two of them walked into the main hallway, marveling at the number of people rushing to get out of school. it's not as if the gates were closing or anything, it was the end of the school day - it was friday however.

oikawa threw his jacket on his shoulders as he continued walking with terushima by his side, who, like any other day, did some dumb stuff and got sent to the principal's office. this time he broke school rules and bleached his hair, which was apparently prohibited in order to show the world the "picture perfect japanese student". terushima, however, was living his life to the fullest. he didn't like rules, as a matter of fact, his whole family did not like rules - that's the only reason why terushima would always get away with whatever dumb stuff he was up to.

oikawa, on the other hand, preferred to follow structures, systems, and rules. everything had its own order, everything had to work in a specific way - his daily routine was insane and terushima could barely keep up with him during sleepovers. wake up at 7 am, take a quick shower, dress up, dry the hair all within 15 minutes, go to the kitchen to eat breakfast prepared the night before, leave at 7:30, get to school before eight and go to class. every single morning the same routine - oikawa cherished his time. which was his excuse to not date someone for a long time, as he would say 'i could get anyone i want, so why waste time on one person', terushima begged to disagree, but oikawa never listened.

"she became too attached. she started talking about where we should go during spring break and where we should study later, i am... i am not into that", oikawa sighed as he pushed through another crowd of people. in the corner of his eye, he saw megumi, she was watching him attentively with desperation in her eyes. they were red and her face was a bit swollen, it was clear that she had been crying. oikawa quickly turned his face away and walked past her not sparing a glance.

"you are so into the fact that you can make anyone fall for you that you are not thinking about your future. mark my words, you will meet someone who won't like you no matter what" terushima said making oikawa laugh.

"oh please, show me that person"

"do you seriously believe the world revolves around you? how do you even get people to fall for you?", terushima wondered.

"tsk tsk, oh you have a lot to learn. there are seven steps to have anyone fall for you. wanna know my secrets?", oikawa raised an eyebrow.

"for sure"

"step one, introduction. introduce yourself in a fun way, say a compliment, and why you approached them. make them interested in talking to you, get their attention. does not matter if they hate you or idolize you at first"

"mhm"

"step two, attention. give the person all of the attention you can. focus on them only. if you do not have their number, try to get it. talk to them, interact with them, make them speak to you. you have to make sure they know you are interested in getting to know them"