Larissa and Amelia shared a look before the giggles came over them, and Neville sighed as he plodded along with them, separating from them almost immediately.

"We need a compartment to ourselves." Amelia decided. For several rows there was none to be found, but miraculously there was one near the end of the line.

The moment they sat down in compartment C5, the giggles started afresh.

"My goodness, did you see that prefect? Dreamy." Larissa sighed.

"He certainly is something." Was Amelia's comment. "I wonder who exactly he is, anyway."

"I wonder what you think about him." Larissa said slyly.

Amelia flushed, but was saved by the entrance of another boy, who wordlessly sat down and stared out the window. Amelia and Larissa shared another glance before breaking down into another fit of giggles.

"Pucey." The boy said after a bit. "Adrian Pucey."

"Larissa Hamilton." Larissa said after a moment's pause. "This is my friend, Amy Julis."

"Ha, ha." Amelia said cutting her a glare. "Amelia Julis, thank you very much. Amy is only to my close friends."

"Quite reasonable." Adrian remarked. "I do not recall seeing you two before. What houses are you in?"

"We haven't been Sorted yet." Larissa admitted yet. "We're only first-years. But... what about you, Pucey?"

"Slytherin." The boy said somberly. "I'm a third year at the moment. I play on the Quidditch team; chaser. My friend, Terence - he's the Seeker."

"No offense-" Amelia started...

"-none taken-"

"But I was under the impression that Slytherins were bullying gits, not..." she trailed off.

"Capable of genuine human conversation?" Pucey chuckled. "Well, you'll find the oddity here and there. Terence is convinced I should have been put in Hufflepuff, and he's not the only one." Pucey paused, choosing his words carefully. "Terence and I sometimes feel like strangers in Slytherin. But it's the best house, I'll tell you that. I hope you get in it."

"Into Slytherin?" Amelia repeated, not sure if she had heard him correctly. "I thought Slytherins were evil!"

"Have you been listening?" Pucey sughed, exasperated.

"She has the attention span of a rabbit." Larissa informed him, rolling her eyes. "Honestly, it's amazing how she manages to... woah."

The train gave a sudden lurch, nearly causing Tonnie to fly out of the compartment had she not been digging her claws into the seat. Pucey gripped the seat as the train slowly started to move, gradually picking up speed.

"There is a young boy running alongside the train waving a bag." Pucey observed.

At that moment, Larissa paled. "Ryan!"

She flung open the window. With incredible timing, Larissa's brother threw the bag into the compartment. Larissa ducked, but Pucey caught it with the skill of a Chaser passing the quaffle.

"Thanks!" Larissa screamed, waving her hands. Ryan beamed, waving back and jumping up and down until he was out of sight as the train went around a bend.

Pucey was still holding the bag when Larissa turned around and sighed in relief. He shook the bag a little bit, listening to the clinking objects inside. "What's this?"

"Money, and food for Tonnie." Larissa took the bag and ruffled through its contents, sitting down next to Amelia again. "Oh, and Grandfather's quill... I must have forgotten this at the house, I suppose Mum had to summon it..."