"He was hit by a drunk driver, the human is fine; in hospital. He hit your fathers car head on and flipped the car, he died on impact. I'm sorry for your loss" the doctor wouldn't meet my eye, he knew what my mother was thinking. 

That's when I heard her, 

'It's all your fault, if you had of been more responsible and taken the lift home you had organised then your father would still be here. Your selfish and stupid" I turned to see her in the door way, she then forced me from the room so she could mourn over her mate. I left the room and joined the pack out the front, no one met my gaze; they had been ordered by my mother to ignore me. 

I felt so abandoned and so lost; I shifted and laid down on the ground, crying for my father and my pack.

***Flashback End***

"Mum ignored me for a week before I turned 16, on the day of my birthday I opened the door to her room to apologise, to tell her that I loved her and that I didn't mean for dad to get hurt. She was gone; her room ransacked. My sister was too"

I sighed, 

"I took over the pack; they didn't blame me for my fathers death; it was an accident. No one heard from my mother or sister until my sister came home one month; small and malnourished I took her in. Ever since I have been scared of being abandoned. I don't want to make a stupid mistake and lose what I love most"

***Alexis***

I was in the bath, listening to Xavier, I could tell he was sincere; I could feel it through the bond. 

I didn't realise I had opened my mouth until I heard my own voice, 

"It still doesn't excuse what you did to me" I murmured, sinking further into the warm water which was turning cold. 

"I know and I'm so sorry Alexis" I heard Xavier mumble through the door. 

I sighed and stood, grabbing a white towel I wrapped it around my body, I turned the handle and pulled it open, sending Xavier's body back onto the tiles of the bathroom, I blushed when I saw his head almost between my legs, i could tell he could smell my arousal and I instantly had to sit down. 

I felt uncomfortable as Xavier eyed me with his black eyes; he was holding his wolf back. 

"I'd appreciate if I could take you out to dinner, we can talk get to know one another" Xavier struggled to say as he fought his wolf, 

"I don't know, I'll have to think about it" I sighed, not once looking towards Xavier. 

I felt like I was on fire, all I could think about was Xavier on me, making sweet love; our hips rocking together and our legs entwined. 

I shook the thought from my mind and glanced up; Xavier was at the door, I knew he was speaking to his pack through the mind link. 

He turned to me, 

"Why was Taylor's scent on you that day?" Xavier asked, 

"When I opened the door I was wrapped in my towel; I'd just gotten out of the shower, Taylor was on me and I tried to get him off. I think Ryan spoke to him through the mind link" I murmured, 

Xavier turned and walked over to me, he gently pushed me down on the bed, and hovered over me, I didn't push him off me; I couldn't because my wolf was in control. 

Xavier started kissing my neck and rubbing his body against mine, I moaned and wrapped one of my hands around his neck and the other I tangled in his hair, I didn't notice my towel had fallen off me nor did I realise that I was griding against Xavier, 

Eventually he stood up, watching my face, not my body, he gingerly picked up the towel and pulled it over my naked body, careful not to look below my neck. 

"I have to go" Xavier walked to the door and left, leaving me wrapped up in his scent. I felt uncomfortable and needed release, I flopped onto my bed and huffed, deciding to make some me time. 

***Xavier*** 

I wanted to go back to Alexis but I had an urgent problem  to deal with; a letter had arrived on my desk; it was addressed to the mate of Alexis. 

I opened the door to my office, Ryan, Taylor and my best Fighters stood in my office. 

"Before we begin, Taylor I'm demoting you to Omega, Ryan you are our new Beta, I will announce these changes tonight, now where is this letter?'

Ryan handed me the letter and Taylor went to object, 

"Taylor do not question me" I ordered and he bowed his head, 

I opened the letter; a red envelope with a red letter inside, the handwriting was elegant; old and ancient. 

I read the letter before dropping it. 

"To Alexis's mate,

I have been hunting her down for years now and have finally tracked her down to this location, of course I realise she has found her mate; these types of things travel fast. 

I would like for you to hand her over to me as she has killed my best tracker and I would like to punish her for this act of rebellion. 

I would greatly appreciate if you would have her dropped off to her old pack within 14 days. 

Do not be late or war will be called against your pack and every one of you will be slaughtered. 

Sincerely, 

K"

Ryan picked it up and scanned over the text before growling angrily, 

I felt like the world was falling beneath me and I couldn't do anything about it. 

***

Sorry for the cliffhanger guys, 

Please 

Comment

Vote 

Fan 

Recommend :)