03| SCOTT VS SCOTT

T H R E E | SCOTT VS SCOTT

🔺🔻

LUCAS, LAILA AND HALEY WALKED ALONG the sidewalk as Lucas explained his challenge with Nathan to Haley.

"So, Nathan challenged you. Are you gonna play him?" Haley asked Lucas after hearing the story.

"I don't know. It's not like I have anything to prove." Lucas explained to Haley.

"But don't you just want to show him sometimes -- oh, damn!" Haley was cut off by a flock of birds soaring past her.

Both Lucas and Laila let out a laugh at this.

"What is up?! I was attacked by a flock of crows last week! I'm totally serious!" Haley exclaimed to the two.

"By the way, it's a murder." Laila informed Haley.

"What?" Haley questioned not understanding.

"More than one crow is a murder." Laila explained to the brunette.

"I don't know what the hell you're talking about." Haley told her.

"A parliament of owls, an exultation of larks, a murder of crows." Lucas explained to her.

"I think that is why people think you two are weird, right there." Haley says laughing.

Laila gives her a small shove making Lucas laugh.

"Ah, man. I would like to show him sometimes, though, what a mistake he's made." Lucas said to the two of them going back to the original topic.

"Dan?" Laila asked, even though the answer was obvious.

"Mostly for mom... and sometimes for me." he said.

"So, Luke, what are ravens -- I mean, more than one?" Haley questioned the tall blonde.

"An unkindness."

🔺🔻

LAILA CLIMBS ONTO THE ROOF ALONG WITH Lucas and turns the lights on.

"Wow. This place looks great." Lucas told Laila turning around to view the entire space.

"Thanks. I just finished putting up the lights. Miniature golf is never going to be the same." Laila told him with a smile on her face.

"Your mom is worried. She's downstairs with Keith picking through her past." Laila told Lucas, having been caught spying on the two earlier.

"Do you think I'm being selfish playing Nathan?" Lucas suddenly asked her after a moment of silence.

"Do you?" Laila asked him.

"A little bit. I mean, if I walked away, then my mom wouldn't be downstairs worried about it now." Lucas explained, guilt lacing his voice.

You know, I don't say tell you this as often as I should, but... You're a really good guy, and I'm glad we're friends. But you and your mom worry too damn much." Laila told him, watching as a smile grew on his face.