1. Lonely, wooden, red bench

"Chandler! Hurry the hell up!" I laughed as I leaned on the door frame waiting for him.

"Hold your horses, (Y/N)!" I heard him yell back.

Me and him are the best of friends. Like nothing can get between us, our friendship is so strong. It's been that way since we were six so about 9 years now. I remember the day we first met too. It was my first day at a new school and I was sitting at the lunchroom table by myself. He came up and sat in front of me and said absolutely nothing, just ate his food like I wasn't even there. Then finally when he did say something you'd expect it to be a 'Hello' or a 'What's your name?' But instead,

"Are you going to eat your pudding?"

And that was it. I remember laughing and handing it to him and since then we've just been inseparable.

Finally he came downstairs sliding his last shoe on and jumping from the last step.

"Alright. Let's go." He breathed as we headed for his front door.

We were going to the park.

I punched his arm starting "the game of war" as we called it, making him punch mine back and it just kept going until we got to there. It wasn't much of a park considering it was only about a 50 by 20 feet area of grass with a lonely, wooden, red bench in the middle of it. But we would always go here. It's like our "tradition" if you will. And when we got there all we'd do was talk. Sometimes we'd play short stupid kid games but hey, you're never too old to be a kid again.

When we get to the "park" I plop down on the little bench and he sits next to me.

"Alright so, if me and..." I paused to think. "...Brianna were dangling off a cliff and you only had time to save one of us who would you choose?" I asked him smirking.

Brianna was his girlfriend. I don't really like her, but that's just me.

"Um. Both."

"That's not an eligible answer."

"Fine then, I'm not answering." Chandler said laughing, crossing his arms and sat up straight.

"You have to!" I smiled.

He sighed and smiled. "I'd save you...but don't tell her I said that." He chuckled.

"I knew it." I laughed.

"Well you're my best friend. I can't see you die..." He paused. "Well I can't see her die either but you know..." He trailed off trying to subtly cover it up.

"Whatever." I laughed.

There was a slight moment of silence before he turned to me and smirked, "There's ice cream."

I looked around and immediately saw an ice cream truck.

"Well let's go!" I said grabbing his hand as we ran to the truck.

~~~~~~~

"Okay. My turn." He said taking a lick of ice cream as we walked back to his house.

"If the apocalypse began who would you rather be fighting the living dead with? Me or 'Carl'."

"Both." I answer.

"That's not an eligible answer." He mocked me.

"But I would." I told him laughing. "You're my best friend and Carl has been in the apocalypse."

"You wouldn't let me answer both."

"Because I already knew your honest answer."

All he did was smile knowing was right.

After a few seconds of silence he spoke up, "Can I tell you something, (Y/N)?"

"Sure, what is it?" I ask him.

"Had you ever had the feeling where...um...lets just say...for example, you want to be in one place but you have to stay in another place so you don't upset the people there?"

"...I don't know. Why?"

Before he could even open his mouth, an older woman, was yelling and ran in our direction, looking worried. When she got closer me and Chandler both noticed it was his neighbor, Mrs. Robenski.

When she ran up to us she locked arms with me.

"You need to get out of here, darlings!" She yelled but in a quiet voice, as she looked behind her shoulder a few times.

"What's wrong ma'am?" Chandler asks her.

All of a sudden a scream was heard a bit further down the street.

"Oh my god." I happen to breath out words as I see a man eating off from a woman's arm then not but two seconds, two more people joined for the meal.

All Mrs. Robenski did was gasp and take off in the direction she was heading before.

"What the hell is happening?" Chandler asked as people were screaming and sirens could be heard in the distance.

"Um excuse me sir!" I stopped a man that was running passed with his wife and daughter. The little girl had bruises on her face and arms and a busted lip. She looked at me with fear glistening in her eyes.

"Look I have no time to answer your damn questions." He said to me and then looked at Chandler. "Just get you and your girlfriend out of here!" He said as he started running again.

I slightly blushed being called Chandler's girlfriend but the thought was completely washed away by the thought that were in the freakin' apocalypse.

"Come on, (Y/N) we need to go." Chandler said taking my hand.

"What about my family? Yours? Brianna?" I asked him and stayed right where I was.

"We don't have time. We have to go." He looked in my eyes hoping I'd agree with him.

But I didn't. I took off down the street heading for my house. Chandler running after me.

Almost every house I passed there was at least one person screaming. I had finally got to my house and slammed the door open.

I called out but the only thing that answered was silence. I ran through the house looking for (them/him/her) but found nothing other than a pool of blood in a bedroom.

Chandler was in the living room, arms crossed, leaning against the wall. I gave up and sighed falling to my knees. Chandler was quick to comfort.

"(Y/N), I would say it'll be alright but it's not." He said with an arm on my back.

"Oh yeah that makes me a hell of a lot better, Chandler." I told him sarcastically.

"I'm just-..." He sighed, "Look we'll find (them/him/her)."

"Don't make promises you can't keep, Chandler."