“Bethany, I heard him. It’s time isn’t it?”

Oh… Maddox must’ve spoke to them through mind link again.

Instead of answering, Bethany hissed out a sharp breath, tears filling her wide eyes. This was it.

Fuck shit fuck shit.

“Dec, get mum. Get her to call the pack midwife. It’s time,” Deac was shouting orders, “Virginia can you get the kids upstairs? I’m sorry sweetheart but I’ve gotta be here for Bethany.” Even now he was worrying about Virginia’s reaction to this new change; she just nodded with a weak smile and gathered up our siblings plus Adrianna and made her way out of the room.

I ran off, practically taking three steps at a time to reach mum’s bedroom, knocking loudly- hopefully stopping whatever indecent things they were doing.

“Yeah?” Holden called out.

Rolling my eyes, noticing his breathlessness, I answered loudly, “Bethany’s gone into labour. It’s time. Deac wants mum to call the pack midwife.”

That was it; the panorama altered and mum was running out, phone glued to her ear as she followed me downstairs and into the living room.

The scene of the room had totally changed; lights were on, all the duvets and pillows had been shoved in the corner, behind the sofa and Bethany was standing, waddling from side to side with Deacon stood right behind her, rubbing her back gently.

I’m going to be an uncle soon!!

I just can’t wait!!

Uncle Declan.

~*~

Bethany POV

The news that Lizzie was pregnant was awesome! No wonder she was so excited to come baby shopping with me; broody and thrilled about her expectancy.

I wanted to get up and congratulate her but I couldn’t move; I’d been trying to hide it since lunchtime. I’d been suffering with these strong tightening pains, radiating heated agony from the small of my back, right round over and around my big belly. These weren’t like the Braxton hicks I had been experiencing- this was stronger, more powerful, and I wasn’t able to ignore them anymore.

I wanted to cry so badly but forced it back, determined not to make a fuss over it; women did this with no drugs all the time. I would be no different.

I had a birthing plan; I was going to stick to it!

Only now when everyone was finally back to the film- the film I was flat out unable to concentrate on did the agony control my breathing. I was attempting to force back tears, gripping onto the pillow in my grasp as though it were a life raft. I couldn’t hide this much longer.

Pure unadulterated torturous pain!

'Mummy, I no like this! ' Oh crap! Maddox decided to make himself known; Deacon was going to hear him!

'Mummy, make it stop! I no like it. ' The tears I was forcing back were threatening to escape; I didn’t want to cause a scene but Maddox was determined he was going to get his way, 'stop squashing me mummy! '

And that was that, Deacon was on his knees before me in mere seconds, cupping my cheeks with gentle kindness, “Bethany, I heard him. It’s time isn’t it?”

I couldn’t answer; I knew if I tried, I would end up screaming or crying out in pain. Instead, as the tightening peaked, a breath hissed through my lips and those tears started to escape. I didn’t concentrate on what Deacon said next, I was just working on getting through this contraction.

This was it.

I couldn’t deny that anymore.

I was in labour, about to have my son, and my mum wasn’t here.

I didn’t realise the room was emptied of children until Lizzie was in front of me, murmuring soothing words of encouragement in my ear as I rocked from side to side. Deacon’s arms were around my waist, rubbing my sore and aching bump, letting my full weight lean against him.

“Lizzie,” I whispered in between contractions, “don’t leave me. Please be in there with me. I need you in there. Don’t go. Please don’t go. I can’t do this without-,”

“Hey hey, calm down sweetheart, if you want me in there, that’s where I’ll be. Don’t you worry about anything, okay? Just relax. Dean is bringing the car around. We have to get you to the pack house. The maternity unit has been set up there for the birth.” Damn this woman knew how to comfort me! There was a reason why she was the pack’s Luna, the mother figure for the pack as Deacon described it.

Before I knew it, we were on our way to the pack house; Deacon, Lizzie and Dean with me. My bags had been retrieved and we were on our way to birth my son, my Maddox.

I was going to be a mummy very very soon.

Not entirely sure how I felt about it.

I had known I was pregnant, having a baby, but it never really clicked in my brain until now that I was going to be a mummy. I had never truly processed that piece of information.

Nappies, bottles and crying… I didn’t know if I could do it.

I had no option now did I?

The time was nigh and I had to step up for Maddox’ sake.

It was late, just gone 10pm as we pulled into the pack house; Christian, the pack doctor/ midwife was stood outside, ready and waiting.

God damn, I hated that man, but right now I didn’t care.

If he could safely deliver my son I would let my grudge slide. My son’s health and happiness comes over mine.

As Deacon went to help me from the car, my jeans suddenly felt really heavy; wetness ran down my thighs- a sensation I didn’t like one little bit.

Looking down, I didn’t see just wetness- it wasn’t just my waters, it was dark red blood.

I was bleeding!

“MY BABY!” I screamed, “save my baby!”

My limbs turned to jelly and sudden fatigue hit; as my eyes closed, I silently begged for the doctor to save my baby.

Save Maddox.

DUNDUN DUUUUUNNNNNNN...

Best comment gets a dedication for Chapter 31 so get em in xxx