0

"YOU SHOULD get to class, you know," I whispered.

"Shh," Beatrice hushed, hiding herself carefully behind the stuffy library bookshelf. She was peeking through the gap between two Mark Twain books, obviously spying on something—or rather someone I wasn't interested to know.

I hissed, giving a poke on her arm. "Hey, B."

"Could you just mind your own business?" Beatrice gasped, instantly putting a hand over her mouth as soon as she faced me. She seemed pretty shocked right now. Way to go. "Jesus, Clarke! What are you doing here?"

I also noticed the stiffness in her voice.

"I've been looking for you. What are you doing here?" I could tell she was holding her breath as she bit her bottom lip anxiously. "Is everything okay?"

I stepped forward to check on her, but she was already blocking my way, stopping me.

"Um, I... I think you're right. We should probably go." One of my eyebrows quirked up. "I, uh, I mean, I'm walking you to class!"

"Well, that's very considerate," I deadpanned.

Beatrice chuckled nervously. Curiosity was building in me. "Silly, you! C'mon, we don't wanna be late in class, right?" She toned down her voice with a swift look over her shoulder.

Something was definitely wrong.

"What on earth is going on?" I said, squinting my eyes at her.

"This is not the right time for that. Now, off we go!"

Hastily, she tried to push me away from where I stood but it was too late for that. A breathless, squeaky voice was already moaning this ridiculously familiar nickname.

"Oh, Dick!"

I froze and stared at my best friend blankly. Beatrice squeezed her eyes shut, and sighed. I'd like to pretend that I did not hear that. But my boyfriend was the only Dick in school.

Apparently, the pun was intended.

I stirred her aside to see it for myself. Two shelves away, Richard Carter's broad figure, hovering over a girl's body, captured my sight. He's even got the nerve to wear the sweater I bought him last spring break. I could totally see those disgusting neon green-painted nails roaming around my soon-to-be-ex-boyfriend's blond hair as he sucked her neck like a vampire.

Gross.

"Clarke..." Beatrice said something quite inconceivable.

My palms slowly balled into a fist. No, I wasn't going to ruin their little, intimate moment, and terrify them with my non-existent, treacherous claws.

I just couldn't believe that Richard "Dick" Carter cheated on me with this new girl who I was definitely far better—because let's face it, that Mariana Garcia's intellectual stimulation was ninety-nine percent lethargic; it was absolutely unattractive.

And I was Clarke Watkins. Nobody should dare to insult me in any possible way.

Hence, I wanted best for them. The best plan to make every ounce of their lives a living hell. I had not figured that part yet, but I would gladly make sure of it.

"You're creeping me out," Beatrice whispered. "Why are you smiling?"

I was aware of the smile plastered on my face because of the anticipation. I was also fully aware that those two horny monkeys were still making out literally behind my back, but I was too focused on something else to care.

"Why do you seem like you're planning something bad, like, really bad? Please tell me you're not planning something really bad." Beatrice looked worried now.

"Let's get out of here," I tugged my best friend out of the library to the empty hallway.

"Clarke, you told me you wanted to break-up with him the other day. Is that it?"

"No. Me, breaking-up with him; and him, cheating on me before the break-up, is a different story. He's going to pay for this." I said. It was a bit strange to think that I was all excited about being hellish like a total mean girl I was—or worse.

"I don't get it."

I couldn't help but roll my eyes at her. "Look, he's still my boyfriend, okay? And he cheated on me. It's not like I'm gonna let this slip."

"He's not worth of your time. You're going to break-up with him, anyway."

"Even better reason to make him feel like the worst living creature on earth. I'm gonna give him the biggest moment of his life, B."

Beatrice pursed her lips. "I am not liking this."

"Guess, that's part of being bad."