Chapter 1

Spike

I looked around the corner and there they were. Buffy and her friends, they're laughing about something that happened earlier today. From what I can tell it's at the boy's expense. None of them notice but one of my men, well I say men but he isn't a man at all. He isn't even a he. One of my vampires, an expendable one, had "volunteered" to take on the slayer and her gang. I had seen how she performed on camera in October but I wanted to see it in person.

At parent teacher night she was... Less than what was expected. I was prepared to fight til the sun rose but I almost got her. Almost bit her, but then her mother came and bashed my skull in.

I growled under my breath, I was still pretty mad about that whole situation, but if this vampire can do her job I'll kill the slayer this time. Maybe not kill her... Maybe sire her... That would be something. Would she have extra strength or no strength? Would the new vampire strength add to her already unstoppable nature or would they cancel each other out? Would she even survive? She's a slayer, meant to SLAY my kind but if she WAS my kind would her body attack itself?

     I decide to steer away from my thoughts and instead focus at the topic at hand. The redhead was on the floor, knocked out but not dead. Eh, I'll come back for her. The boy was next to her and my lackey had got a hit or two in, I could already see his cheek swelling up. He lifted up the girl and asked Buffy if she would be ok alone. The slayer said nothing, just nodded and pulled out a stake. As much as I know her friends help her out I also know that slayers are more similar to vampires than humans. They tend to stay near the dark side and use their emotions to help them in a fight. She'll fight better without the others.

     Before I even had a chance to evaluate whether the night at the school was an off day or if she really was an inadequate slayer, the vampire I sent after the slayer to weaken her was a cloud of dust, nothing more than a distant memory.

     "Aw bugger" I half whined. I was so looking forward to a rematch. And this time with no rules. The Annoying One is dead now and I can do whatever I want. Sunnydale is ripe for the picking. I found my mouth watering at the thought of Dru and I sucking the slayer dry together. I turned to leave but found the slayer standing behind me.

     "Really? Back already? Didn't I kick your a** the first time?" She mocked with a sly grin as she cornered me and pressed the stake to my chest. Actually it was your mom, you would be dead right now if it weren't for her. I thought to myself, but pushed my annoyance awayHer smell was absolutely delicious and it took all my will not to devour her right then. But it was pointless to engage a slayer this close to sunrise so I just smiled.

     "Just you wait love, we'll have a real battle soon." I leaned in closer and saw one moment of weakness where I could strike. I grabbed her by the shoulders and threw her across the alley and ran. That moment of weakness would be something she would have to get over if I was planning to have fun in her final fight. She had felt lust for me, looking at my lips... Like I would kiss her! Please!

     I headed for the homey crypt Drusilla and I were staying in for the time being. Dru always talked about living in one of the fancier places but I liked the traditional crypt, coffin etc. Thing. I saw a young man walking his dog on the sidewalk next to me and thought that it would be a nice treat. Seeing as how I deserved it after one of my favourite lackeys got staked tonight and I didn't even get to hit the slayer once, it was a fair trade. It's for... Wait what's her name again?? Aw who am I kidding, I'm starving. Before he can scream I'm already taking his dog back for Drusilla to have for dinner.

>
>
>
Authors note:

Sorry this wasn't much but I'll add more! And I felt so bad writing about Drusilla having the dog for dinner!!! I'm sorry, I just remembered that Drusilla did like to eat dogs in one episode and spike plays kitten poker so I figure it's probably what would actually happen. Anyways thanks for reading :)

~kat