00.

My mom has told me that ever since I was born, one year old Nick Clark, the son of my mother's best friend was always hovering over the crib I was in and our mom's had always told us that he was keeping me safe.

When I was six, Lenny Pringle shoved me down on the playground and Nick had pushed him right back, landing him in time out for the rest of recess. Later on that day when we were walking home, he said that he didn't care that he had gotten in trouble; he only cared that I was okay.

When his dad died when he was thirteen, I was right there to comfort him and help get him through it. He gave me my first kiss the weekend after the funeral.

At sixteen, we started dating, much to our mother's delight and we lasted almost two years but then I noticed his behaviour was getting worse and when he left school, he got into college, only to drop out again. Well, when I say dropped out, I mean he was kicked out.

It was after that when I found out that he had been taking drugs and had now fallen into the abyss that is addiction and after trying my hardest to support and get him the help he needed, I gave him an ultimatum; me or the drugs.

He chose them and we ended the relationship and he continued to disappear now and then, until it seemed that he disappeared off the face of the earth.