Oh...He's kind of bad

Start from the beginning

Great my first day if eating lunch and I don't know where to sit. Millie must have noticed my face change "I'm really sorry. We can sit with each other tomorrow," she said.

I have her a reassuring smile "Yeah tomorrow," I replied.

Once I got to the lunch room I noticed that the lines were full, I was actually grateful for packing my own lunch for once. I should probably do it in the future knowing that there is no way that I would be able to get food in such a long line.

I felt the pounding of my heard getting harder and faster, it was felt like it was the only thing I could hear. Swallowing the lump in my throat and looking around I saw that none of the tables were empty. I looked and saw that a near by table only had one person sitting there.

Taking a steps toward the table weaving through people to get there I grabbed the chair and sat down.

The boy guy sitting down must have sensed my presence because he looked up at me.

And oh my...did he look gorgeous, with dark hair that was kept in a grey beanie and piercing green eyes you could tell he had the heart of many girls. His jaw structure was strong and masculine, his shoulders were wide giving the hint that he had lots of muscle.

I smiled at him "I'm Danielle," I said putting my hand out to shake.

He looked at my blankly then started eating again. I slowly pulled my hand back frowning, unpacking my backpack and pulling out my lunch I started munching on my plain peanut butter sandwich.

Was there something wrong with me? Glancing over at the guy to make sure he wasn't looking I brushed my face to make sure that there was nothing on it. Looking at him again to make sure he wasn't looking at me, I took my beanie off and attempted to find out what was wrong with my hair, I quickly put the beanie on.

I soon felt to full to eat, even though I didn't finish my sandwich. I don't know if it was because of my cancer that was making me not hungry or the fact that I felt out of my environment.

Sighing I got up and threw the rest of my lunch away and sitting back down. Should I try to make a conversation? I mean it's pretty awkward just sitting here. Great I feel more uncomfortable now that there's no food. What do I do with my hands now?

Taking a deep breath and releasing it. I could tell that my anxiety was taking the best out of me today. "Hey I think we have some classes together," I said. "I'm pretty sure you were sleeping though," I added.

He looked up at me once again giving me a stare. Was I bothering him? Of course I am. Luckily the bell rang and I hoped out of my seat so fast, hoping that the mass of people would blend me in.

I made my way to the gym and saw that there were already a few students stirring in the bleachers. I walked over to what looked like the gym coach.

"Hi I'm Danielle I'm new here," I said handing him my schedule.

"Ok well go to the locker room and change into these clothes, I hope their kind of all in this size because the other sizes are snatched up already," he said shoving me the gym clothes.

I make my way to the locker room quickly changing. The clothes fit fine probably because I was a little to thin, from not having the appetite to eat anything.

Walking outside seeing that more people have filled the gym and then when class started coach blew the whistle.

"Alright class split up and play dodge ball I'm feeling nice today," he said.

Everyone split up and I walked over to one of the teams. Coach blew the whistle and everyone started running towards the balls.

I felt something smack hard against my arm. Needless to say, dodge ball, is not my thing, and I happened to notice that it was the guy from lunch that hit me out. Each round I would be one of the first to get out with a ball landing on some part of my body, it was clear that I was a ball magnet. My attempts to catch the dodge balls were worse than my attempts at actually dodging them, not to mention my throwing technique was weak.

I was relieved to change back into my clothes and feel the comfort of my beanie on top of my head. By the time school was over I sat on a bench waiting for my dad.

"Danielle!" I heard someone scream my name.

It wasn't hard to guess who it was the only people that actually knew my name were the teachers, the guy from lunch, and Millie. Knowing that no one other than Millie would be calling me I turned around.

"Hey Millie," I said greeting her.

"Hey how was the rest if your day. I hope you had a first good day," she said.

"P.E. is brutal," I stated.

She laughed "I know I hated that class freshman year,"

I looked at the parking lot once again to see if my dad was here. Then I saw that guy getting into the car, he was parked where me and Millie were standing.

"Hey Millie?" I asked.

"Yeah?" she replied.

"What was so bad about that parking spot this morning?" I asked, turning to face her.

"Well nothing's really bad about that parking spot, just who parks there. It belongs to Logan Foster, he's kind of...bad," she said.

I raised an eyebrow "Oh...bad?" I questioned her.

She nodded "Yes like really bad. Tattoos, jail, fighting, don't bring home to your parents bad," she said.

Before I could ask her anything there was a honk "I got to go. See you tomorrow," she said getting up.

"Bye," I waved.

A few minutes later my dad picked me up. "So how was your first day?" dad asked.

I groaned "I hate it there, it's so big, I feel like a lost puppy, I get run over every time I'm in the hallway, I only have one friend...sort of," I replied.

"I'm sure it's not that bad," my dad said.

I have him a look and he got the memo to shut up. "So what's for dinner?" I asked.

"I was thinking my we could stop by and get some Chinese takeout or eat left over pizza," he said.

One thing I hope to accomplish in this story is that you guys kind of feel what anxiety feels like, how she worries all the time and feels self-conscience, tell me how I'm doing so far, and don't be afraid to make suggestions for next chapter