Platform 9 and 3/4

A/N: I wrote this book many years ago and my writing abilities have changed dramatically since then. Please don't make comments regarding  spelling corrections. We are all aware of them and I plan on fixing it sometime in the future. 

"Evelyn! Hurry up, sweetheart! You don't want to miss the train to Hogwarts." My mother yells from downstairs.

"I'll be down in a minute Mom. I'm making sure I have everything packed in my trunk." I look through my trunk and make sure that everything is there. I have everything I bought at Diagon Ally last week: Quills and ink, my textbooks, robes, and my new owl, Critter. It's been a month since we've moved to London and I already miss Ilvermorny and all my Thunderbird friends back in America. 

I gather my things along with Critter, who hoots inside of his cage. I slowly walk downstairs and  I find my mother by the front door reading the Daily Prophet with a horrified look on her face, the front cover reads: Sirius Black escapes from Azkaban. 

"Mom? Are you okay?" I ask, Her face is milky white.

She looks up from reading the paper, "Yeah, it's just that your fathers-"

I cut her off, "It's okay mom... really. I know that work is important to him."

"It's not that. It's just that with your father at work all the time I'm worried that he might get hurt or one of us will with Sirius Black on the loose there is no telling what can happen." She said as some color came back to her face.

Mom is taking us to King's Cross Station and to see us off at Platform 9 and 3/4. My father can't come  due to work at the Ministry.

Bang, Bang, Bang

My mother and I instantly turn around and see my brother Warren at the top of the stairs and his trunk at the bottom. 

"Sorry I was trying to use a spell I learned to bring my trunk downstairs for me. I probably wasn't concentrating hard enough."  I laugh at him and he roles his eyes.

"Just put your stuff in the trunk of the car. I'll be out there in a minute." Mom says.

I put my stuff in the trunk of the car and wait. Then I remember, I left my quills on my bed. "Accio quills." I mutter and they come flying into my hand.

"No magic outside of Hogwarts." Says Warren matter-of-factly. "The Ministry will be all over your butt for it. I read about this one kid who was sent to Azkaban for it." 

My eyes widened in fear.

"There is no such story." Says my Mom as she gets into the car, sending a sharp look at Warren through the rearview mirror. "Don't terrorize your sister Warren Reeves."

________________________________________________________________________________

We walk pass platforms six, seven, eight, and nine. I look ahead and there is platform ten.

"Mom, where is platform 9 and 3/4?" I ask

She pointed to a brick wall in front us. "You run straight through the wall."

I look at the brick wall. I'm a little hesitant to run through it but being a witch, I have to expect to see things like this. I grip the cart I'm pushing my luggage on and start jogging towards the brick wall. I close my eyes right before I'm about to hit the wall and, surprisingly, I don't crash.

I open my eyes and there is people everywhere. Then I see it: The Hogwarts Express. This is it, I'm not going to be able to go back to Ilvermorny. A moment later Warren and my mother come through the brick wall.