Glossary

Falas

A small planet 5,800 light years away from Earth.

1 Earth year = 1.4 Falas year

Climates consist of, hot, dry deserts, humid rain forests, polar ice caps. It has a large land mass and small bodies of seas between the ice caps. Few islands and low lands with high mountains on the main land mass.

Land mass wraps around the equator and spreads out towards the poles.

Only snows high in the mountains or constantly at the poles.

Sustains life such as mammals, insects, crustacean, fish, and reptiles. Reptiles are the dominate species. Dragons being the largest on the planet.

Species - Deltarian

The dominate species of the planet Falas. They are reptile and stand on their back legs like a human, with shoulders, arms and a tail. They have geckoish features, large colourful eyes with hard scales to match their environment, usually, green for forest areas, brown or red for desert and a white, grey or pale colour for built up cities and towns.

Their government is similar to a communist government. This government controls the whole planet. (No separate countries.)

They are an advanced race with communication and weapons technology, and land travel. No air travel. They rely on the use of dragons for travelling long distances in the air.

They also rely on dragons and their Gliders for protection against threats to their way of life. Threats come from wild dragons, revolutionists and deserted Gliders.

Species - Glider

A version of the Deltarian species. Born to Deltarians with the Glider gene. They are a kickback to the early race of Deltarian which flew with dragons.

They are slimmer, lighter bones, stronger scales and a membrane under their arms and down their sides for gliding from heights.

Glider eggs are discovered by their lightness, can also be mistaken for no embryo inside at early stages of development.

Deltarian’s carrying the Glider gene are watched closely by the hospitals and government. When their clutch is laid, they are inspected for the possibility of a Glider. If discovered the egg is taken away to be hatched and raised on the Dragon Glider Air Force base.

It is a mother’s duty if she discovers a light egg, to inform the hospital so they can send technicians around to check. If not informed and the Glider is hatched and not reported the mother can face fines or even serve time in prison.

A Glider is paired with a dragon at hatching. Like all Deltarian’s they are born with white scales. Instead of changing colour to their surroundings, they take on their paired dragons colour.

Once mature enough the Glider and paired dragon are trained to fly with other squadrons and protect the Deltarian race from any threats against their way of life.

The Deltarian government see the Gliders as a lesser species, controlling them with strict laws and using them to control the Deltarian and Dragon population.

Species –Dragon

Large four legged winged lizard.

Colours, size and abilities vary between the different types and the habitat they originate from.

They are the largest species on their planet, and one of the most intelligent, second to Deltarians.

A captive dragon, even though in knows no other life and even agrees with the Deltarian way of life, will not breed. So their eggs are taken from the wild, before they hatch.