Chapter one

Ryan Eton, a forty-two year old, well dressed man, finished ironing his dress pants before putting them on and straightening his tie. He grabbed his briefcase off the master bed and walked out knocking on his daughter's door.

"One sec, dad!" Morgan yelled as she got ready.

"Sweetie, you're gonna be late for the bus if you don't pick up the pace."

"Done," Morgan breathed heavily as she opened the door.

"Good, did you eat yet?"

"Nah, I'm not hungry."

Ryan kissed Morgan on the forehead before urging her towards the front door. He walked her to the bus stop and waved toward Alex Bartley, the friendly bus driver who was also a great friend of Ryan's.

"If I knew you would've been this late, I would've took my time."

"Is that so? Why? Were you having late night fun?" Ryan winked jokingly.

"Maybe! Now lets get going, Morgan, before I get fired because of your big old man."

Ryan laughed, "Alright just bring her back."

"You'll get that end of the deal," chirped Alex.

"Okay, I'll see you later," Ryan said as the bus doors hissed to a close.

Morgan was always the first to get picked up but the last to get dropped off. She really liked the kind of man Mr. Bartley was. Polite, friendly, funny. The list went on.

"So, kiddo, want to go out to Yogurt Mantra afterschool? I'll notify your father. Just let it be my treat," Alex suggested.

Morgan would never turn down an offer for yogurt.

"Yeah of course."

Alex beamed through the rear view mirror as he pulled to a stop in front of Alfred Middle School. As the rest of the kids got off, Alex placed a hand on Morgan's shoulder. She turned around.

"After Yogurt Mantra, we've got to make a quick stop at my house. Is that okay?" Alex asked.

"Mhm, fine by me," Morgan smiled.

Alex nodded before releasing his grip. Morgan skipped down the steps and disappeared out of sight. He turned on the ignition and drove back to his house. A few minutes later, he was inside and throwing darts at inflated balloons. The sound of the dart making contact with the rubber surface of the balloon calmed him. 'POP!' another balloon exploded. He couldn't wait to get his hands on her. He rolled his head around his neck before looking at the framed picture of his daughter who had been taken out of his custody due to "abusive reasons". He could feel anger bubbling inside of him.

~~

Hey. New story(: I'm trying hard to make this as best as possible. I've made this chapter short because I know I won't get many reads. I hope you guys like it!(:

- Tiffany(: