VIII.

Layna's dark eyes remained blank as they followed the floating piece of fruit she picked up on her way to her room. The young Jedi decided to skip dinner tonight, knowing that Anakin and Padmé would be there, probably flirting with one another and she knew that she couldn't stand being in the same room as them while they did that. It wasn't good for her heart, which was still miraculously still alive and kicking after all the abuse it has been through these past few days.

The eighteen year old decided to just grab a few pieces of fruit from the fruit bowl in the dining table before the couple made an appearance, as dinner was about to be served. She had to be alright with just a few pieces of fruit, she did survive on small amount of leftovers back when she was still a street thief.

Layna's hand moved as she flipped the fruit over slowly, examining it very carefully as it drew near her face. She hasn't been doing anything since she locked herself in her chambers, there wasn't much to do inside that small room and she couldn't go out to explore the lake country or enjoy the pleasant surroundings outsides. She wanted to avoid Anakin and Padmé as much as possible, only talking to them when completely necessary but not at all, otherwise. She had to admit that it was a tad lonely isolating herself from her two close friends but it was the only way she could prevent herself from hurting.

Deep down inside, Layna knew that the more distance she tried to put in between her and her friends, the more she'd grow to miss them and the more she'd grow to love Anakin. She knew that distance made the heart grow fonder, and this was exactly what was happening as she found herself longing for Anakin more with each passing moment she spent apart from him. She missed every single thing about him that she learned to love, like the way the corner of his lips would turn up into a smirk as his ocean colored eyes bore into her with such intensity. She also missed the way the corner of his eyes would crinkle whenever he laughed, and the way his bright eyes would light up whenever he'd get into one of his mischievous and rebellious moods. She missed his touch, which was always gentle whenever it came to her, and she missed his mere presence, which was so intoxicating. She missed Anakin's everything, and she just wished that all this aching would go away so she could see the man she loved once more.

Layna dropped the fruit into her hand, taking a bite out of the delicious piece of fruit. She chewed thoughtfully, her head turning to the side to peer at the view of the sun setting into the horizon. Her chambers had huge windows where she could enjoy the view of the beautiful lake country without stepping outside her room. It was the closest thing the Jedi could get when it came to adventure, even though she couldn't personally go out to enjoy the scenery, at least she could admire its beauty from high above. She hopped off the edge of her bed, walking towards the huge window as she took another bite of the yellow colored fruit, savoring the sweet and tangy taste in her mouth.

The eighteen year old Jedi Knight took in the gorgeous array of pink and orange clouds in the heavens above, along with the subtle rays of sunshine which will be bidding goodbye in a few minutes time. The Naboo sun was setting in the distance, its large orange form reflected in the body of water that surrounded the building the young girl was in. Her breath hitched as she felt her emotions simmer down into a sea of calm, all the negative emotions and the worries fading out into nothing as she stayed there, waiting for the pastel colors of the sky to be replaced with a velvet blue.

"Layna?"

Layna's heart hammered against her chest as her head whipped towards the door with wide eyes. She didn't realize that she was so caught up in watching the sunset that she didn't notice anyone's presence nearby. She frowned, feeling disappointed that her senses failed her once more but her main worry at the moment was why he was right outside her door. She thought that he actually got the message as she truly has been distancing herself from him and Padmé, any traces of their previous bond as childhood friends has been erased the moment her heart shattered.