Insatiable

Jacobie Hendrix was like a captivating dream. Wading through the knee-deep water of Terkos lake in Instanbul, Turkey surrounded by a scene of beauty with the forest adjacent to myself dispersing from one side to the other, never-ending horizontally along the lake’s edge—the sun hitting everything in its path. I was aware of the beauty of the view—the sage green forestry, the peaceful water mirroring the plant’s every move, and yet I was fixed on this creature. Jacobie moved slowly towards me, his ebony black hair moving with every step, his emerald green eyes hypnotising as they fixed on mine, the way he emerged from the water as it hung off his hair and clothes. He grinned his perfect smile as he moved a bit of hair away from his eyes.

“The wind’s perfect, we’re all set for tomorrow, it’s freezing in the water, though.”

He smiled again.

I was still staring at him as the wind blew coldly against my skin but I nodded my head in approval. He always gives me butterflies just looking at him.

“..Violet..?”

He was smiling again at me now, his hand moving slowly up my cold arm and he stroked my cheek with the back of his hand; I got tingles everywhere and blushed.

“Th-th-that’s great,” I said, snapping out of my daydreaming.

“Ok, I’ll see you inside?”

“Yeah, was just waiting for you.”

I replied with smiles as he returned yet another dazzling grin—he’s always such a happy glass-half-full kind of guy.

I’ve known Jacobie since 5th grade and he has always been such a joy. We’ve always been best friends up until about a year ago when we were studying Aviation together. Then we just kind of.. dated. Just like that. Me and him are flying around Europe together tomorrow and found the perfect spot to occupy when we were preparing for it. Here, at the water’s edge in Turkey was a large paddock that was of perfect size and also had a small 2 person house on the vast property. The house is small but a cosy little space like a cottage. There’s one willow tree out the front, a couple of flower beds and a stepping path. The house is an ivory like colour and has blue rimming around the door and roof. Jacobie and I think it’s pretty and we like the place and are grateful for the spacial comfort. My name is Violet May. I am 6”3, have dark blue eyes, red shoulder length wavy hair and my skin is pale in colour. Jacobie’s skin is a beautiful golden colour; he has olive skin as he is ¼ Greek. I’m part British and part Russian. I don’t look it, but I am. As I walked up the slight hill of the green grass, I tied my knee length coat over the other side of my body to retain more heat. It was a cold 5 degrees and the wind was getting restless as I walked hunched over into the small residence. Jacobie was sitting on the couch, reading when I strode in, shivering at the sudden temperature change.  I waltzed over to Jacobie and sat down next to him, resting my head on his broad shoulder and sighed as I stroked his hand with my thumb.

“So.. tomorrow..”

I said, trying to strike up a conversation, we were both exhausted but I can’t stand awkward silences.

“I know it’s going to be awesome!”

He replied I was slightly shocked at his enthusiastic reaction as I was expecting the exhaustion feeling to be mutual but I was glad Jacobie was excited. The rest of the night we spent watching tv, eating some leftovers and chatting about our adventure that would take place the next morning. When I crawled into the king size bed, Jacobie put his strong arm around me, his arm muscles softly leaning against my shoulder. I fell asleep fast but suddenly had the strangest dream. I was lying on a cold metal slab that resembled an operation table. I looked down at my feet and at my hands and suddenly realised I was chained with freezing metal that burned my skin and as I saw myself feeling the biting pain of desperation I glanced at everything around me. There were instruments such as sickles, scalpuls, chains, hammers, mallets, nails and numerous torture devices in the dark, grimy room. Panic started to arise as my stomach churned and my throat tightened. I felt myself crying as I glanced down my body which had slashes, cuts and chunks of my pale skin missing. The only thing I thought was that I couldn’t escape and I was a dead person. That is when a dark figure with red lips and a cold smile covered my face with a black cloth as I woke up screaming. That’s when Jacobie reached over me and squeezed tightly