Maisie shrugged lightly. "They're...different."

Charity frowned. "The hell do you mean-?"

Maisie's friend was immediately cut off by the doors to the bakery slamming open and a body tumbling inside. A mass of arms and legs stumbled to a stop in front of the two girls and grinned.

"Guten Morgen!"

Charity blinked at Andrew who stood on one knee with his arms spread wide. His fingers started to move into a 'jazz hands' and Maisie groaned and hit her head against the cupboard beside her. She wanted to fall into a hole.

Andrew stumbled off his knee and fell to the ground when Keith came up behind him and kicked him with his booted foot. Keith sent a sickly sweet smile to Maisie who glared back. "Maisie," he greeted her.

"Keith," she said and then finally rolled her eyes and walked over to Andrew to help him up. The supposedly German man gripped onto her arm and got uncomfortably close.

"Why thank you, amore mio," he breathed.

Maisie patted the back of his hand. "Wrong language, sweetie."

Keith slapped the back of Andrew's head and turned his narrowed eyes down on Maisie. "So are we doing this or what? You made us come at seven in the fucking morning."

"And I've been here since six," Maisie grumbled. "I'm sure waking up early for once must have put a real strain on you. Did you watch the sun come up for the first time?"

"Oh, fuck you," Keith sighed and sat down at one of the tables.

"Aw, don't be such a little hündin, Keithy," Andrew laughed. Keith stood up and Andrew scrambled back. "On the other hand, that's totally fine. Be as much of a hündin as you want. No problem. I'll be over here."

Andrew backed away and Maisie walked to stand between him and the sulking giant sat at the tiny bakery tables. "Where are the others?"

Keith shrugged. "Me and the German ran ahead."

"The German and I," Charity piped up from beside Maisie.

Keith set his deathly glare up at the direction of the voice until he realized it wasn't Maisie's and frowned, catching the eyes of a girl he hadn't seen before. He raised an eyebrow as his eyes looked her over in the most obvious and non-discreet way humanly possible.

"Who's she?" Keith asked Maisie but his eyes never left Charity.

"I'm-"

"Off limits, criminal!" Maisie snapped, cutting off Charity.

Keith's face scrunched up in something akin to disgust. "God, you sound just like Small. He really is your dad."

"Stepdad," Maisie ground out.

"How come you got the same last name then?" he asked.

Maisie shrugged. "My mom wanted the Small name to live on so she persuaded every man she ever married to take her name instead of her take theirs."

"Your mom managed to get more than one guy to agree to change his last name to Small?" Keith asked and Maisie nodded. "Holy crap I've got to meet this woman."