Conveniently yours

Chapter 1

"Amelia, your father would like to speak to you." my mother said with a look of finality that brooked no argument. "Now." I nodded in agreement and walked down the hall to my father's study and cautiously knocked on the door.

"Amelia?" I heard my dad's gruff voice call from the room. "Come in. and close the door behind you." i walked into the room softly shutting the door and waited for him to tell me what to do. " I think it would be best if you were to sit down. Amelia, do you know why I called you in here?" I shook my head slowly while wracking my brain for somthing i had done wrong in the last forty eight hours. when nothing came to mind sat and waited for him to explain. When he just sat and studied me with a look of concentration on his face, I grew impatient and figited in my seat until I couldn't take the silence anymore.

"Dad, what is it that you wanted to talk to me about?" I asked wearily.

"Amelia i am sorry to say this but your grandfather died early this morning." he said with genuine regret in his eyes, as i gasped out loud. "He died in his sleep." he looked away as he said this.

"Dad... Who's going to take care of Grandma now that he's gone?" i asked, speaking for the first time. My grandmother was sick, she had epilepsy and a heart condition, so she couldn't be left alone for more than a couple of hours.

"That's what i want to talk to you about. We have two options. Option one is to send her to a nursing home-"

"NO! you cant send her to a nursing home! she wont know anybody! She'll be in strange surroundings!" I yelled cutting him off.

"Option two is for you to go live with her and help her around the house. You will finish high school over there and while you're at school we will hire a woman to look after her and make your dinners." He looked at me and studied my face for any emotion. when he found none, he sighed and asked, "I cannot make the choice for you, you must make it on your own. I will give you a week to decide and at the end of the week i want to hear your answer. you may go now."

I stood up and, with a look of detemination on my face, stated, "I'm going to live with my grandmother." i walked out of the study up to my room before he could make any objections.

------------------------------------------------------------

Friday morning came around and Mia was slamming the trunk of her car closed, her father was standing at her side trying to convince her to change her mind. "Amelia, Sweetie, don't you think that it would be better for your grandmother to go into a nursing home instead of uprooting yourself from your life and movie to a new school and make new friends?"

"Nope." i said, the word automatically popping out of my mouth.

"But I think it would be bette-"

"Nope." I said agian,interrupting him.

"Darling, she has made up her mind let her go." my mother said, cutting into the conversation.

Dad turned towards her and said, "But Lillith, she could get hurt or get into trouble." his words seemed to have a whole other meaning behind them. I stood there for a minute trying to figure him out, but gave up with a shrug.

"Dad, I'll be fine. I promise I wont get into any trouble." i kissed my sputtering dad on the cheek and moved to do the same to my mom.

"But what about all your friends?" At that question I almost laughed out loud. All my friends? the ones I had managed to freeze out after the episode with my ex Zach and my best friend Emily. I didn't want their sympathetic looks or hear their outraged remarks about how emily was a slut and they couldn't believe she had slept with my boyfriend. I just wanted to wallow in my self-pity.

"Dad. Don't worry, they understand why I'm moving." I lied through my teeth, "Plus I'll meet new people! So don't worry about me for now." He opened his mouth to say something but i beat him to it. "Yeah, yeah. I know. If I have a problem, I'll call you. I love you guys." my parent smiled sadly. "Mom, dont forget, we can OOvOO. I'll miss you guys so much." Afew tears escaped my eyes and ran down my cheeks. As the men who were going to drive the moving truck full of my stuff got into the front and honked the horn, I hugged both mom and dad and got into my car.

Driving away I waved out the window and sped up, racing to the high way.