Chapter Two- The Mountains

On the way to the great hills, they started to get a little worried because they didn't realize before that they were actually very steep, tall and rocky 100 foot mountains. Once there, they thought of turning around, but both agreed they should be strong and persevere.

          They soon were at the bottom of the mountain, and slowly made their way up. About twenty feet up they were already starting to get warn out. They soon realized they had gone the wrong way and had to turn all the way around and start over. Once back again they found that there was three forks in the road and only one could be the correct way.

           Calculating which way to go, they started their journey again, only to find out that they road would start to get more and more narrow. Eventually it had only become two inches wide, as if they were walking on a tight rope. Surrounded by vines, bushes, and poisonous plants, they were as careful as they could, maneuvering through.

          As soon as they had made it past through the narrow road, the path was soon covered with giant boulders all around them. Once they had climbed over and around all the huge rocks, they made it to a massive river, with water flowing rapidly though it. Jenna suddenly stopped, shocked, saying to her best friend, "Jannell, I don't think I can do this anymore."

"Come on Jenna, it's not that bad! We have to keep going. I'll help you past it." Jannell replied, putting her hand on Jenna's shoulder, giving her comfort.

Nodding her head in agreement, Jenna asked  "But Jannell, how are we going to get across?"

               After Jannell had explained how they were going to get to the other side, she took a few steps back and told Jenna to wait while she went over. Running past her and jumping, she had made it across, and told Jenna to follow.

           Getting a running start, once reaching the beginning of the water, Jenna jumped. But, a vine had jumped out in front of her and grabbed her ankle and she tripped. Moments before hitting the water, Jannell had reached her arms out and caught her just in time. They had then made their way over the rapid waters, to the other side, safe.