"Soooooo basically this Zira lady wants to kill Simba for revenge since he killed her mate Scar?" Mheetu says, scratching his head trying to understand.

Simba frowns. "I didn't kill Scar. Fire is what killed him. We tried explaining it to Zira but she will not listen. She doesn't care. I was a target to Scar every since I was a cub. It was all a part of his plan to get rid of me and my father so he could become King. Getting rid of my father was successful as you know. Scar still lives on inside both Zira and her cub Kovu. Kovu is being trained to follow in Scar's paw prints. She wants Kovu to take over my kingdom to relive Scar's dream."

Mheetu gasps. "Oh no."

Nala nods. "Yeah. But don't worry, we have everything planned. When ever Zira decides to fight we'll be ready for her. It's more of us than them anyway. Unless she's building an army."

"Well, you guys can count me in!"

I shook my head. "No, it's dangerous. Zira is very smart with her enemies. I can't lose you for real this time Mheetu."

Mheetu nuzzles me. "Mother, I'll be fine. I was able to stand strong and survive this whole time. I'm sure I can do the same thing with this Zira lady. Simba needs more help. I'm going to help!"

I stare at him for a minute then look at Nala. Nala shrugs and Simba nod his head.

"If Mheetu is willing to do so badly then he can join us." Simba said.

I sigh. "Alright. Just be careful son!"

Mheetu lick my cheek. "I will mom. I'm never leaving you guys again..."

*Present Day...*

Nala is walking towards Simba, who is sitting at the end of the assembled pride lionesses. He looks quite worried and sad, but he sighs gently and forces a smile when Nala reaches him.

One of the lionesses said, "Wow, her first hunt! You must be so proud, Queen Nala. Here she is!"

Princess Kiara, who's now an young adult emerges from over a hill on the trail. She looks at Rafiki, who is standing next to the path. She looks worried until Rafiki speaks to her.

"Kiara." He says.

Zazu alights nearby. Timon and Pumbaa embrace goofily.

Other lionesses said, "Good luck, Kiara! She'll be great. Her first hunt! You can do it! It's your day, Kiara. Good luck, Kiara!"

I proudly smile at my grand daughter, "My, how you've grown!"

Nala and Kiara nuzzle. Simba is looking vaguely glum.

"You'll do just fine." Nala smiles.

Kiara looks at Simba. "Daddy... you have to promise to let me do this on my own. Promise?"

Simba glances at Nala, who raises her eyebrows at him. He rolls his eyes upward acquiescently.

"All right... I promise." He said.

They rub heads; Timon and Pumbaa break into tears. Kiara looks back, and then runs off into the fields. Simba moves surreptitiously over to Timon and Pumbaa.

Mheetu uses his paw to wipe a tear off his eye. "They grow so fast! I remember when she was just a cub."

Nala sits and join us. "Yup, our little girl isn't little anymore. I'm glad Simba is giving her a chance to be independent. Every since that incident he's been VERY over protective."

I put a paw on Nala. "Oh honey, he's just doing what's best. Don't think of it as over protective. Think of it as safety. Zira could be lurking anywhere. She's always plotting. We just don't want our Princess hurt. You know she's still a target being future Queen."

"Yes mother, I know."

Mheetu looks around. "Hey, where's Kion?"

Simba finally joins us. "I don't know. He's very late seeing his sister go off on her hunt."

I hear paw steps. Everyone turn around seeing Kion step slowly forward. He's now a tall, very muscular lion. He has a good mixture of Mufasa and Simba combined.

"Kion, where have you been all this time? Timon and Pumbaa had tried looking for you earlier." Said Simba.

"Checking the boarders with Bunga. I know, I totally had forgotten about Kiara. I'm sorry..." Kion say, looking down at his paws ashamed.

Nala steps closer to Kion and lick his nose. "This is the third time this week that your late for something. Maybe it's time you take a break from this lion guard, son. You've been so addicted and very tired I notice."

"Mother I can't! I was born to save the Pride Lands and I'm doing a perfect job at it too."

"Your mother is right, Kion. Maybe a day or two you can rest home and let Fuli take over your position." Said Simba, nodding.

Kion roll his eyes to the side. "Fine..."

But then he thought...

"What if the team needs me?"

Mheetu and I both chuckle.

"Kion." Simba says, in a demanding tone.

Finally giving up, Kion says "Okay."

He slowly walk to the pride's cave and went inside.

Simba sighs shaking his head. "What am I going to do with him?"

Nala rests her head on Simba's shoulder. "I'm going to go hunt lunch with the lionesses. Be back later!"

"And I'm going to go take a nap." Said Mheetu, walking off.

Both of my children walked off. It's just me and Simba. He begins to pace back and forth.

"Simba what's wrong?" I ask.

"It shouldn't take Kiara this long." He worries.

Zazu flies in. "Don't worry sire, she'll be fine. Hunting is a hard skill to master. You must have forgotten your hunting lesson with your father when you were just a cub."

"Yeah, but that was different. Kiara I'm not so-"

Simba pauses and look ahead. There's dark smoke coming from the hunting grounds.

"No... no! Kiara! Zazu! Fly ahead. Find her!"

I gasp.

No...

I must go find Nala...