Chapter 21 - Cruelty

Start from the beginning

"Aizen-san? Are you maybe...tired?" He blinked few times when he heard Ran's question. "Um, I'm sorry for saying that. But, I just think that maybe you're tired, you looked...beat" Just like her words, Aizen indeed felt rather tired-especially when he was dealing with the Hogyoku. It appears the Hogyoku recently became rather unstable and also he has to dealt with Ichigo and his friends who were trying to entered the castle. "Um, you probably should rest, Aizen-san" She said worriedly. He then smiled and patted her head gently.

"All right then. Ren, please bring the meals later to my room"

"Sure" He answered and Aizen exit the room. "You sure have talents for able to read him, Ran"

"True, true. Hehe~ As expected, Aizen-taicho is unable to live without Ran-chan" Gin teasing her.

"I-It's not like that" Ran countered them.

"Well, guess I better made his meals now"

"Um, Ren-kun? C-Can I help you made his meals?"

"Eh? Well, sure. I'm sure he'll be very happy having you made his breakfast. Meet me at the kitchen later when you finished" He said and went to the kitchen.

"Okay!"

***

Kitchen

"What should we make, Ren-kun?"

"It's up to you. Well, before he was enjoying a dish with tofu"

"Tofu? Hmm... I think I know what I'm gonna make"

"I see. Well, I'll leave it to you then"

"Eh? You're not gonna help?" Ran asked.

"Nah~ That's okay. I'm sure you wanna made a special dish just for him, right? Hehe~ I think I wanna teasing him a little. Don't worry about me and cook something for him"

"O-Okay. Let's see..." She began to cooked for Aizen. She knew what she had to cook for him, it was a dish that she usually made for her father when they were...in good terms before, but she was thinking to elevated it a little. "Um, Ren-kun? Where did you go before?"

"Oh, we're just taking care the Hogyoku"

"Hogyoku? Oh, that? What's wrong with it?"

"We're still unsure. It became unstable and it took us a whole night to take care of it. Well, as you said-he probably very tired. Can't blame him too because he wasn't the original owner"

"Oh...right. It was... Kiyo-san's, right?" 

"Yep. It became like old times also. Aizen think maybe the Hogyoku was missing something and it will not heard to someone's order. Recently, when he wanted to made an arrancar-it began to reject him and as a result the hollow died in process. Same thing happened to Kiyo-san before and as a result causing few of the captains and lieutenants became a hollow" He explained.

"I...see. But... If the Hogyoku is unstable, why don't you guys just don't use it until it became stable again? I think there are already many arrancars here, so..."

"Well, I already told him that but he still need more. You know... So, if Soul Society know about you-we're already have many people. Although, defeating Captain-Commander will be rather difficult. He's very strong" He said but it got her thinking, why she would be such a threat if they ever found out about her? Aizen did said that Ran was made by something that was strictly forbidden by Soul Society. She was still wondering what was the material. She can't still believe that she was just made not born.

It took her forty-five minutes to finished the meals. She started to plating the dish. Three portion, she was thinking to gave it not just for Aizen but also for Ren and Tosen.