Chapter 2

"Let go of me! Please! Stop!" Carrie screamed, using all the fight she had in her tiny body to get out of the Drake's grasp.

She elbowed him in the stomach, rammed her knee into his groin, and flailed her arms as much as she could to get him to let go of her, but it did nothing.

"The more you move, the harder this is going to be." He demanded, tying her hands together behind her back. His voice was deep, it terrified Carrie.

She stopped fighting, realizing she had no chance against him. Silent tears ran down her face as he threw her into the backseat of his car, duct taping her mouth shut before shutting the door.

She had no idea who he was, where he was taking her, or what he was going to do with her. She was more than terrified. She didn't know what to do, all she could do was cry.

"Do you wanna eat at the table or sit on the couch and watch something?" Mike asked, taking the subs out and putting them on plates.

"The couch." Carrie said softly. Every word that exited her mouth today sounded like it took all her energy to say. She sounded as if she was always on the verge of tears.

Mike put on last weeks episode of the Walking Dead they'd missed, and the couple sat on the couch together and watched it.

After only eating less than half the sub, Carrie put her plate on the coffee table in front of them and leaned against Mike.

Mike wrapped his arm around her, bringing her closer to his body. He planted a kiss on her forehead and ran his finger up and down her arm gently.

When the episode ended, Carrie didn't move. She stayed curled up against her husband as he turned the tv off.

She didn't want to talk, she just wanted to lay in her husband's arms for the rest of her life. He brought her comfort, he was the only thing that made her feel safe.

"I think I'm going to take a shower." Carrie mumbled. The couple had been sitting in complete silence for at least fifteen minutes.

"Do you need help?" Mike asked as she sat up.

"No, I'm fine."

"Okay, just yell if you need me." Mike said, offering her a small smile before she turned to go up the stairs.

He watched her slowly and painfully make her way up the stairs. He could tell that each step hurt.

He wanted to go pick her up and carry her into the bathroom, but he knew she didn't want that. She wanted to try and be independent. That's how she'd always been.

Carrie finally made it up the stairs, almost in tears from the soreness of her body.

She went straight to the bathroom, eager to feel the hot water run down her aching body.

Mike washed their plates and began to empty the dishwasher. After almost 10 minutes, he still hadn't heard the shower start.

Indecisive on whether he should go up or not, he finally decided to go check and make sure she was okay.

He entered the bedroom and heard the one sound that broke his heart more than anything.

His wife crying.

He stepped into the bathroom doorway to see a scene he'd never forget for as long as he lived.

Carrie was sitting on the tile floor of the bathroom with no clothes on, knees pulled into her chest, head in her hands. Her whole body was shaking as she sobbed.

The sight shattered Mike's heart to pieces. He would give anything to take the pain away, to see her beautiful smile again.

Mike had absolutely no idea what to do or say. He wanted to know everything that had happened more than anything, but he wasn't going to push her to speak. She would talk when she was ready.

He took a seat beside her on the floor, pulling her into his arms. She kept her hands over her face, burying it into his chest and sobbing even harder.

Mike rubbed her back with one hand and played with her hair with the other. He did everything he could to sooth her down but she wouldn't stop crying.

She continued to sob for at least fifteen or twenty minutes before her sobs finally started to slow down.

Her tiny body finally went limp in his arms as her tears subsided. She took deep breaths, letting out a few cries here and there. She was physically and emotionally drained.

Tears ran down Carrie's cheeks as she gave up on breaking free from the restraints. Her hands were tied to the top of the bed, her legs spread apart and tied to the ends of the bed. Her clothes had been ripped off as soon as they got there.

She lay there completely exposed and trapped. She'd been laying there for what felt like hours, he'd left her there and disappeared.

She had no clue where she was. All she wanted was to be wrapped up in her husband's arms. She wanted to smell his cologne, feel his lips on hers. She wanted to hear his soothing voice telling her it was going to be okay, his hands rubbing her back. She just wanted him.

"Just make it go away" she cried into Mike's drenched t-shirt.

"You're okay, you're okay." Mike whispered, his hand on the back of her head holding her against his chest. 

"He's not going to hurt you anymore, I promise. You're safe, I'm not going to ever let him touch you again I promise." He gently rocked her back and forth, whispering soothing words to her until she calmed down.

Mike planted a long kiss on the top of her head, holding her as close as he could.

"I'm never letting you go."