Chapter 2- Fresh Work

1 year later (12 years old)

This part is about the day my voice took a new step in life with many new people to see it:

About six months ago, a lovley old woman had told me that I had a wonderful voice. That was just a few months after my first solo at church. The woman had made a small suggestion of my joining the new junior highschool's choir. I had thought about it quite some and finally, I had made I desision. I was going to do it.

When school had finally started that year, I immediatly signed up for auditions for the choir. Everyday during lunch, I would sit alone, away from my friends, outside and rehearse my song. And everyday when I came home from school, I would practice infront of my family as they gave me constructive critisism.

The night before the big day finally came and I got no sleep. I was restless all night, thinking about the auditions. I was afraid and nervous. What if I didn't get selected? All this hard work for nothing.

When I awoke the next morning it was unusually bright out for 7 am in the autumn time. When I spotted my bedside clock I gasped. It was already 8:30! I was going to be so late to school, which started at 8:45! That meant that I had exactly one minute and three seconds to get ready.

Since I had already missed the school bus. That meant I had to take the 50 minute walk from my house to the school. Instead, I ran, hoping I could get there twice as fast, with still enough time to audition before the late bell rang.

************************************

A/N

Sorry for the super short chapter guys! I had to go eat an early dinner. What do you guys think? Will little Lana make the cuts? Will she even make it to auditions?✌