Chapter 27: Christmas Eve PART 1

Start from the beginning

"No!" Zach said when she reached for the book again.

"Why not?"

"You just can't Jade, but I will let you check it out tomorrow. It was suppose to be your Christmas gift, which I never got to wrap," Zach explained. 

Jade brought her hands to her mouth in awe. "I am so sorry. I didn't know."

"It's ok, but now you're going to have to act as though you didn't see it," he said with a smile and went into the bathroom with the book in his hand. 

Jade smiled back. "I will. I'm sorry again though baby. You know I love you."

"I love you too. Now, let me take my shower in peace," Zach said with a laugh and quickly closed the bathroom door. Jade shrugged, but still her smile stayed plastered on her face. Zach had gotten her something else for Christmas? She loved the idea of him getting her something else, but why was he being so secretive? Once out of the bedroom she started towards the bedroom across from her own. 

"Hey, I was just about to wake you up," Olivia said from the kitchen. She was in the process of taking off some oven mittens and placing them on top of the sink. She was wearing a white jeans and a white turtleneck sweater, which hugged her body wonderfully. 

"I as just about to do the same," Jade smiled. She made herself into the kitchen and over to the oven where Olivia was hovering over. She caught a whiff of something and looked down at the stove. "Oh what smells so good?"

"I'm making some bacon," Olivia answered.

"You…making bacon I can't believe it."

Olivia made a pout. "I can cook you know?"

"That's unbelievable," Jade laughed and placed her hand atop the counter to hold herself up. "If you say you are indeed cooking then what are you making for breakfast."

Olivia smiled and moved to sit down on the chair by the table. "I thought you would never ask. Breakfast will consist of bacon, eggs, croissants and a side of cut fruit." When Olivia finished her with that statement Jade gave her an apprehensive glare. This couldn't possibly be her Olivia.

"Your going to make all that," Jade said while crossing her arms. "Please do note the hint of sarcasm behind my words."

Olivia giggled and waved her hand. "Of course I'm not making all of that by myself." There was her Olivia.

"Who's the lucky bastard?" 

"Why you of course," Olivia laughed.

Jade rolled her eyes. "I should have seen that coming. So, what am I making?" she asked.

"Why you'll be making the eggs, croissants, and cutting the fruit."

"Liv, that's everything," Jade commented. 

"Not its not. I'm making the bacon," Olivia continued to laugh. Jade on the other hand turned around to the sink to wash her hands.

Jade smiled and looked out the window at the ocean. "Don't scare me like that Liv. I really thought you turned housewife on me."

"Me, a housewife I doubt I can do that. Besides, the world's favorite cook is here," Olivia mentioned. 

"I'm not even a cook Liv, so how can I be the world's favorite?"

"You will be one day. You make the best damn eggs on the planet and that's a compliment when half the generation can't eat anyone else's, except for their own." 

Jade stifled a laugh and walked over to the fridge and took out some eggs, fruit, and a Pillsbury croissant roll can. With the greatest of care she popped open the can and rolled up all the little cutouts in the can and placed them in the oven, with the bacon. She joined Olivia at the table to begin cutting up the fruit that she grabbed out of the fridge. She began and noticed that Olivia was engrossed in watching her.