So Far From Happiness

I can't believe Greg.

I've told him tons of times that I didn't want to hang out with his friends daughter, and look what he does. The girls name is Ramona, and I'm not sure if she really likes me much. Also, she hates to do everything I like to do! I suggested that we could go outside and wrestle or something but she didnt like that idea.

    We sat on her bed awkwardly, looking around, hopefully to find something interesting to do. In her room, I would never find anything very pleasing. "So, uh, Caitlyn," she started, "What do you like to do?" She asked. I thought for a moment before awnsering. "I usually play video games, but if I'm not doing that, I'm either reading graphic novels, or drawing." I said and stared at her. "You?" I asked. "Well, I dance! Um..." Her thoughts got interrupted by Greg.

   "Cait?" He yelled from downstairs.
"Coming!" I yelled and quickly left the pink, 'glamorous' room. I walked downstairs, fixing my large basketball shorts and Nike T-shirt. When I got into the living room, I saw Greg's lady friend and him having a make out session. I covered my eyes and gagged loudly, getting their attention.

   "Well. The secrets out." Greg sighed. "Yep, wasn't really a 'secret' dad." Bailey said walking out of a room. Greg laughed along with the lady. Seriously, I didn't know her name. I wasn't really paying attention to Greg when he was talking about her.

    "You can uncover your eyes, Caitlyn." Greg said. I slowly uncovered my eyes and sighed in relief when I didn't see them connect tounge. "Cait, come here. We need to talk." Greg said. I sat on the plaid couch and looked at him.

    "Caitlyn," he started. Whenever he said my full name I new it was important. "Everyone has to move on. We all have to be brave and make decisions. Even if it's the ones with fear most." He put his hands on my shoulders. " I know, you love the life you have very much. So do I and the boys. But I've come to a very important decision. One that will change the way we see our lives forever." He kissed my for head. I rubbed it. "I hope you understand." He said, as he stood up in front of the lady and kneeled down on one knee, pulling out a ring. The lady gasped and covered her mouth, smileing wide. I felt tears form into my eyes, relizeing what was going on.

"I knew it!" I yelled as I stood up and ran out the door, slamming it behind me.

   I ran as far away from there as possible, ignoring the calls and shouts from behind. Soon the shouts stopped and I slowed to a stop, sitting on a near by bench. I knew this day would come sooner or later. I laid on the bench with a sigh. My tears had dried  up when I was running, but I could feel them taking over my body.

    As I let them fall out, I heard a car door slam shut. I sat up and looked in front of me, seeing a truck. A man and a women sat next to me. "Hey sweety, what are you doing out, in the middle of the night, all alone?" The women said. She had light brown wavey hair and tan skin. She was very beautiful, but you could tell she was older.
The man had perfect black hair and dark tan skin, that looked like it was as soft as a baby's bottom.

   I sniffed and rubbed my eyes. "My 'dad'..." I said and sniffed again.
   "Did he leave you out here?" The man asked. "No, I r-ran away..." I whispered. I pulled on my shorts. The woman scooted closer. "Why sweety?" I sniffed again before awnsering.
  "Because he's replacing me.... He asked a women to marry him and *sniff* he's gonna give me away just like all the others!" I wiped my eyes, not bothering to look at either of the people. I felt an arm wrap around me. "What others?" The woman asked softly. "*sniff* It doesn't matter. They probably forgot about me already anyway." I sunk down into the bench, erasing the world from around me. I didn't even notice Greg wrapping his arms around me, squeezing me.

   "Caitlyn, I love you! I'm not going to replace you!" He said. I pushed him off and stood up. "Then why did you say all of those things? You know that I love my life but we have to make desicions?" I crossed my arms. "All the others said the same thing before they threw me out... I know the talk Greg." I stared at the concrete below me. He grabbed my chin and lifted it so I could look at him. "Caitlyn, that talk could mean anything. But I know one thing," I looked into his eyes hopefully. "That I wouldn't give you up for anything in the world. "

   The tears were now rushing out of my eyes. The tears made everything look blurry, but I could see tears ran out of Greg's eyes as well. I jumped into his arms, covering my face into his chest. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" I repeated myself over and over until he shushed me. "Don't be sorry Cait." He whispered as he hugged me tighter. I looked up at him and smiled weakly. He smiled back and big smile.

   "Caitlyn! Are you OK?!" I heard Bailey yell. I look to my right to see Bailey running towards us. I let go of Greg slowly and laugh while waving. Bailey trapped me into a tight squeeze. "Thank the heavens! I was so worried I'd never see you again Cait!" He said, hugging me tighter. I hugged back quickly. "Caitlyn!" "Sissy!"

  I look over Baileys shoulder to see Dareld and Anderson running to us. Anderson wrapped around my legs while Dareld squeezed the other side of me. I laugh. They all let go, and I see the lady come over to me with a weak smile. "Look, Caitlyn. I know things are going to be different. But, I just want to let you know, I'm going to try my best to be the best mom." I smile and nod. "Ummm...." I hear someone say. I turn to see Ramona. "I guess, I can try to do the things you like to do." I smile and wrap my arm around her shoulders. "I'll try painting my nails once in a while." I give her a serious look. "But no pink."
Everyone laughs, including the man and women. "I guess we have new nephews!" The woman said and hug me and my brothers. "By the way, I'm Becky, and that's my husband Jessie." Greg gasps "Your the Jessie Tanner!" He said. Jessie looked and Becky, then at Greg. "Why, yes I am." He said proudly. "I am a huge fan of your music!" Greg said excitedly. "No kidding." My brothers and I say together. Everyone laughs.

   I'm so happy I have a family.