A Renewing Love

~The Accident~

*Neil*

Sirens wailing, people screaming; all this was just a blur in NeilO’Brien’s mind. All that he was concentrating on was the fact of staying alive, so he could tell Kate who he really was; otherwise the unfathomable could happen. He started seeing black spots surrounding him and felt dizzy; he coughed and more blood came out of his mouth. Tired of trying to move he closed his eyes and went to sleep.

~2 weeks later~

I awoke the sounds of people murmuring, and the sounds of machines beeping and a panging in my head. It really hurt to open my eyes but I had to see where I was.

“He’s awake, he’s to awake quick someone go get the doctor or nurse or something just go quick.”

“Neil  honey its mom, can you hear me?”

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out just a groan. So I nodded and tried my best to smile at my mom.

“Oh my goodness he can’t speak, doctor McClain why can’t he say anything?”

“Mrs. O’Brien please, your son has just come out of his coma of course he can’t speak yet he hasn’t opened his eyes for the past 2 weeks”

Oh my god what had happened to me and why was I out for two weeks, and then it dawned on me the accident... Kate! Signalling to the phone next to my bed I texted something to my mom so she could see what I wanted to say.  “Where is Kate?”

“Oh honey, I’m so sorry she, she was kidnapped, but not to worry we have detectives and top police and RCMP all on the search for her and they have very strong leads coming.”

They got her, I wasn’t there to protect her, no I was lying in bed after a stupid car accident, they’d kill her, and they knew she was what made me weak. I struggled to get up I had to go find her.

“Oh no you don’t, the doctor said you have to stay here for another 3 weeks.”

“But I have to find Kate; you don’t understand I love her.”

“Honey, if you love her you are going to have to get better so you can find her.” Not wanting to get stuck in an argument with my mother I agreed.