Chapter 1: Humble beginnings.

RIIIING

"Ugh." I moan as I stand up out of my comfortable computer chair. I stand up, still slouching, as I stretch out my arms to untangle my tense arm muscles.

RIIIING

"Fucking calm down..." I mumble as I drag my bare feet across the cold tile floor. I exhale heavily as I approach the front door of my apartment. I place my hand on the door handle and turn it slowly, on the verge of yelling at whoever was on the other side of the door.

"Stephanie!"

I hear come from the other side of the door and know who exactly it is. Mom. Ugh, she probably brought my two demon brothers.

I open the door completely and stare at her blankly.

"Mom."

Just as I finish my sentence, two little boys run past me and into my living room.

"I see you brought... Those things."

"You really should be nicer to your brothers. They love you, you know"

"Yeah, they love me so much they broke my Banjo Kazooie cartridge. They broke it with all their heart."

"It's a stupid game Stephanie. Get over it, come on."

"Its not just a stupid game, it's one of my favorite Nintendo64 games. And now they're gonna break something else. GET OUT OF MY LIVING ROOMS YOU LITTLE SHITS!"

My mother didn't understand the pain in the ass it was to buy another Banjo Kazooie cartridge, and I wasn't about to lose another game to these demons. My mother rolled her eyes and called them to her. Of course, they listened to her right away.

"Anyways Stephanie, I came to tell you we're going on vacation to Florida so you'll have to pick up our mail for 3 weeks."

Of course, she only comes to me when she needs something; other than sometimes bring groceries, (sometimes meaning only on holidays), and bringing the two demons over, she never shows her face around here.

I guess I'm kinda like her failed experiment. I'm 21 years old and my brothers are 6. I like to think that after she had me, she needed a loooooong time to get over the monstrosity I was; and then used me as a bad example to discipline my brothers.

You know, like...

" Hey, don't do that or you'll end up like your sister!"

And it didn't bother me much really, my brothers thought I was bad and didn't like me, and that kept them out of my face for longer.