Love...

Rikkard's POV

I cursed myself mentally. I had always managed to keep my feelings to myself and never slip up but today was not a good day for me. 

I decided to act as if I were still as calm as always.

The-amazing-one-better-than-Rikkard-in-every-way's POV

I stared at him, mouth agape, as he looked at me as if nothing big just happened. After a moment of silence, I spoke up, "Did you just sa-"

"No." 

"You can't just say no like that! I didn't even finish my sentence so how would you know what I was going to say if you didn't say it?" I wanted to throw something at the bloody miser.

"Who are you to tell me what I can and can't do?" 

I tried to steady my irregular breathing, "Don't change the subject! This is why I hate you! You always feel the need to pretend nothing happened when something previously, really did, happen. It's like that bloody kiss all over again." I sighed at the end and turned to leave.

"You remember the kiss?" I turned once more to face him.

"Well, no." I dragged out the 'no', "I just managed to completely forget about being taken advantage of in my inebriated state and thought nothing more of a piece of granite being pressed to my lips." I paused, "Yes I remember it! Of course I do you... you... stupid man!"

He shot me a cool glare, "I am not female," I felt my jaw clench, "therefore, It is not very likely that I will lack any intelligence." 

I slapped his torso but I got no reaction, he stood as still as ever. I punched him repeatedly, still not able to move that block of granite. I lifted my fist once more and threw a punch.

Well, I tried to. I felt a hand on my fist and saw Mr Ambrose staring at me. "Stop, it's improper to stare." I said, mildly uncomfortable from his heated gaze.

He pulled me towards him using the hand on my fist and placed his lips close to my ear, so close that every word he said caused his lips to brush against me, "It's also improper to pretend to be a man for work then disrespecting your elders." 

I pushed him away, cheeks flushed, "You're not even that old!" 

He stepped closer to me. I took a step back. "I am still your elder Lillian." My eyes widened significantly. H-He just called my by my name. My real name. I opened my mouth to speak but he quite rudely interrupted me, "No, I didn't do whatever you're about to say."

I remembered why I was angry at him in the first place, "All you do is do things then act like they never happened! This is why... why..." A great idea struck me, "Why I'll confess my love to the man I love so I can get married to him and never see you again!" 

His hand balled into a fist, knuckles white, as his jaw clenched. The other hand's little pinky twitched. I knew that would work. Maybe even knock some sense into the son of a bachelor. 

His eyes flashed hotly. Yes, hotly. Maybe I had gone so far that I had scorched the ice. I gulped. But not in fear. Of course not, I was a strong, independent female. One that had absolutely no need for a man, no matter how tempting that could be.

He took another step forward. I took another step back. Eventually, I was pressed against a wall. Or two walls, if you counted the mobile stone keeping me against both the not-so-mobile one, and him. 

He then leaned in - without a doubt, to kiss me. I wasn't going to let him pretend nothing happened again. I turned my head to the side. Of course, that didn't make him give up. His lips landed on my cheek, causing my face to flame up once more.

He trailed kisses down my jaw to my collar bone and up again. Stubborn as usual, I refused to react, squeezing my eyes shut.

He placed a hand on my chin and turned me to face him so he could kiss my mouth. I didn't respond at all.

... Is what I would have loved to say. His kiss was slow and drugging, resulting on me somehow bending to his will and kissing him back. Not disappointingly at all- of course not, why would it be, the second I begun to respond, he pulled away with smugness radiating off him. Bastard.

Of course he wasn't a bastard for pulling away. I didn't enjoy that kiss. Not at all. Nope. Not now, not ever. 

My pesky inner voice told me to stop lying.

"I'd like to see you go with another man." He said, a sharp, dangerous glint in his eye, "That is, if he doesn't somehow disappear out of this country before you can do anything."

I narrowed my eyes at him. No more games. "What, so you will flee from the country? I never took you for someone that runs away but I guess I didn't pay enough attention to your character." 

He didn't say anything for a moment. "No," His voice came out slightly uncertain. Finally! A reaction! "I said the man you love." 

"I know. Do you think I'm deaf?" He opened his mouth then abruptly closed it. I could swear I saw his ears tinge red. I could swear.

"Mister Linton, go get fil-" 

"Running away from your problems again? You obviously got jealous and now you're taking it out on me!"

He glared at me. "Fine then, you don't want me to 'run away' anymore? Well, Miss Linton, I love you, and I have for a while now, and the idea of you being with another does make me... jealous." He took in a breath for a second, "And yes, I have treated you in a harsh manner, and yes, I have tried to get you out of this job but my actions aren't as selfish as you may perceive. I treat you like this to keep you safe but you blatantly ignore me!" He didn't shout but his tone was loud. I didn't know what to say.

"I understand that my choices were fairly selfish but they were for your good. Now then, I expect you to resign tomorrow or else I'll have to force you to." He was the one turning to leave this time and I stood still, not even blinking.

Just before he was out of my reach, I grabbed his sleeve. "Wait." 

A/N Someone hand me a paracetamol and a blanket. Please, I hate being ill. Also, just so you all know, I never proofread or edit or anything so any grammatical errors will be ignored by me until I decide to stop being lazy. Lil and Rik are out of character already so in the next chapter, they will, without a doubt, be much more out of character. But hey, if I wrote a fanfiction with the characters as they were, it would take a couple of hundred years to get them out of denial first so this is me giving up with the whole keeping them in character thing. I also think I should throw in another 'All characters and stuff are Robert Thier's and in no way shape or form mine' just in case someone somehow managed to miss it the first couple of times: All characters and stuff are Robert Thier's and in no way shape or form mine. Anyway, thanks for being so patient! Cya!