Return To You - Warrior of Light

Devoted to the Goddess of Harmony always, nothing seemed to stray him from his goals although you could not read his emotions. He was like a steel wall, cold exterior and a cold face to match, it's as if he never smiled in his life.

If you could call this War a 'Life'.

However, recently, you have begun to notice that his face belies a kindness that shows when he may not wish it too but underneath all that armor lies someone with a caring heart and it showed when you were swarmed by Manikins whilst on patrol, you didn't even bring your weapon with you.

I am such a fool! I knew I wasn't cut out for this serving a Goddess business! Were your thoughts as you tried to fight back, the imitations of the friends you have made in this world relentlessly attacked you until you were backed into a corner.

You were a rat caught in the most awful of traps if it wasn't knowing what was up ahead that frightened you, it was these...things. This was the end, there was nowhere to run, just to accept your death and move on...

Or so you thought...when you heard the sound of fighting right next to your ear, opening your eyes to see pieces among pieces of shattered Manikins strewn across the grassy plains. Looking up your eyes widened in shock and surprise....

It was him!

He came to your rescue!

"Return to Sanctuary while you can, I will keep these fiends at bay" he say calmly but there was a hint of worry in his voice.

"B-But what about you?" You sounded panicked and he noticed, he did not face you but if you could see his face, he looked more worried on your behalf.

"You will be safe there. I shall return to you when I have slain these abominations. Now go!"

And so you complied, scrambling to your feet and running for Sanctuary. When you arrived the Goddess whom you served, rose her head and you could see in her face she was worried for you.

"Are you alright?"

"Y-Yes Milady, I-I am fine...I was swarmed by those Manikins while I was out...he...he saved me...." you spoke softly, hanging your head.

But what he said stuck with you.... "I shall return to you"

Not to Cosmos...but to you. Perhaps then you realized your hidden feelings for him were real and that maybe...he felt something for you as well.

But all you could do now...was wait.