Chapter Three

CHAPTER THREE

The First Meeting

But Angela Joie really wanted to meet Joanna so much. So when the Holy Mary Academies of Palmaine City, Puerto Ava City, Sacarapi City and Mojensai City had their annual Christmas celebration at Palmaine City from December 16 – 18, 2009, she had found a way to pay her real Mom a visit in her office. 

The annual Christmas celebration of Holy Mary Academies required parents’ presence. Angela Joie was just with her nanny because Marcus could only come on the 18th. 

Marcus informed Daddy Juan and Mommy Antonia about the celebration. They were to meet Angela Joie and her nanny at the school on the 16th but the nanny lost Angela Joie at Missi Domestic Airport, located in Vienburg City. 

The young girl had called a taxi and asked the driver to bring her at the address written in Mars and Venus magazine. 

The taxi driver was so kind. “Why are you going there alone?”

Angela Joie answered, “I want to surprise my Mommy. She works there.” 

The taxi driver asked, “Where’s your Daddy?” 

Angela Joie replied, “He’s in Davou.” 

The taxi driver inquired, “Does he know you’ll surprise your Mommy?” 

Angela Joie answered, “No. I’m with my nanny I left her at the airport. Don’t worry, Manong. I have the money to pay you.” 

The driver had assumed that the parents of his young passenger were separated and that his young passenger was longing to see her mother. 

Angela Joie gave the driver her piggy bank when the cab stopped by her destination but the driver didn’t accept it. “It’s my Christmas gift to you, hija.” 

Angela Joie expressed her gratitude, “Thank you, Manong.” 

Angela Joie walked toward the guard. “I want to see my Mom. Her name is Joanna Nueza.” 

The guard telephoned Joanna in a direct line to her office. The guard was an old-time employee. He wasn’t aware that his lady boss, Joanna, had a daughter but the young girl really looked exactly like his lady boss. 

“Ma’am, a little girl, who looks exactly like you, is here claiming that you are her Mom.” 

As soon as Joanna heard such, she told the guard. “Bring her up at once. Use the private elevator.” 

Joanna went to the private elevator only used by her, Harry, Kristin, Jefferson and Allan. 

Angela Joie ran to her real Mom’s waiting arms as soon as she saw Joanna. 

The guard cried as he saw the scene. 

“Who was with her?” She asked the guard. 

“She’s alone, ma’am. But I saw her emerged from a taxi.” 

Joanna dismissed the guard, “Okay. You may now leave us.” 

Joanna carried her daughter to her office. Her staff saw them as they entered her office.

She sat her daughter on her table. 

Joanna then spoke, “You have to answer a few questions first, little angel.” 

Angela Joie smiled and became attentive, “Okay, Mommy.” 

She held her tears from falling. “How did you get here? You’re supposed to be with Marcus.”