All I Ever Wanted

Chapter 1

I'm Jordan. Crazy girl. Crazy about the Rolling Stones. Light brown hair mismatched green and brown eyes and dimples.

This is the time I got what I wanted.

It was hot and humid. Sticky summer weather. The clear blue sky wasn't blue today. It was orange because of the heat. I sat distraught on my carpet fanning my sweaty face.

I switched on the radio. It buzzed and crackled as usual until it picked up a radio signal.

"Rolling Stones Comming to town. July 12. Tickets £59."

I sat up swiftly turning the radio up. I knew I had to go to this concert. I ran up to my room and opened up my drawer. I dug around looking for my savings. I almost had enough £47. I was getting paid Friday so I could buy my ticket. I was excited I turned red with pleasure. I had finally saved enough. With the extra money I would buy a new outfit and catch a cab.

I danced and hummed satisfaction. I was so excited. July 12 this weekend. I had no one to take. 21 years old still shy and lived alone. Oh well. I squealed and looked in the mirror.

I headed off to work that night.

"You're in an awfully cheery mood." Dave smiled.

"I'm going to see the stones." I smiled widely.

"You've got enough?"

"No not until Friday."

"They'll be all sold out by then."

"Oh." I frowned.

"Here. I'll lend you the money so you can buy the ticket tonight. You can pay me back Friday."

"You sure?"

"Absolutely. You seem fond of them."

"Thanks." I hugged him.

"So who's your favourite?"

"Keith. He's so.. Gorgey." I blushed. " hopefully I get to meet him."

" you'd be lucky to with all of those girls round."

"Yea. I won't get my hopes up."

I walked down to the ticket sales booth after work.

"One for the stones please."

"Last one. You're lucky."

The thick mustached man handed me the ticket. I held in my hands in disbelief. Was this real? I inturuppted my daydream and shoved the ticket into my coat pocket.