Dramione One Shot. (During Battle at Hogwarts)

Draco's POV

The castle was now a battlefield. Harry just rescued me from the bloody fire. Now I had Dolohov at my neck. I was in the worst position possible in the middle of a bloody war. An enemy on both sides. A traitor to the death eaters. A death eater to the good guys. I was ready to stop fighting and surrender to my fate when a familiar mess of wavy brown hair and big brown eyes shouted "EXPELLIARMUS!"

Then she grabbed my hand and we ran. She was shouting spells left and right until we came to an open area where suprising enough was still standing. "Malfoy, you need to run, hide. You're not safe, go!"

But I didn't move, I needed to know. "Why-Why'd you save me?"

"They tell us we have a hero complex." She giggled.

"So you would have saved Bellatrix or, say Dolohov. Correct?"

She furrowed her eyebrows. "What? Of course not!"

"So Why Me?!" I needed to know. I needed to know if she's felt the way I felt all these years.

"Are we seriously about to have a heart to heart in the middle of a bloody war?!" Granger exclaimed

"Yes. Granger. Yes we bloody well are. It's now or never. As you said. This IS a bloody war!"

"You're not like them Malfoy. You're a insufferable twit, but you're far from a cold hearted murderer. You don't want anything to do with this. You're just as scared as the rest of us! Now run!"

"No."

"No? What do you mean by no?"

"I mean I want to fight on the light side."

"Your mother. Your father. Your aunt. Your uncle. These are the people you say you want to fight, Draco. Are you really willing to fight your parents, Malfoy?"

"Father, I'll fight without hesitation. Mother won't fight me. She'll throw a shield at me and watch to make sure no one hurts me."

"Malfoy I don't know."

"I don't want to be a coward anymore. I don't care if no one knows I was fighting on the light side. I'll know. I'll finally do something that I want to do. If I die out there, I'll know I'll die for something worthy."

Hermione's eyes softened, "Oh Draco-"

But she didn't get to finish. The battle found its way to where we were standing. We both drew our wands and stood in battle ready mode, but from the outside looking in, it looked as if we were ready to battle each other.

Aunt Bellatrix's laughter, many decimals higher than the usual, made everyone pause and Hermione's wand dropped. Everyone looked at her, "What do we have here? Draco Malfoy has the so called Brightest Witch of Our Age cornered." She threw a shield around herself, Hermione, and I right before Harry and Ron could jump in. While everyone watched through the shield , they were throwing curses at the shield trying with all there might to take it down. But I know how powerful of a witch my aunt is and know they'll never take that shield down. They must of realized because they stopped fighting and looked at Hermione trying to communicate with their eyes.

"Well go on, Draco, take out one the so called 'invincible' trio and show everyone what side is really triumphant."

I raised my wand and pointed it straight at Hermione's heart. She closed her eyes for a second then opened them and said, "Never trust a bloody Malfoy."

I shook my head, "Incorrect. Always trust Draco Malfoy." I stepped closer and made sure that only she could hear me. "I love you Hermione Granger. Always have. Always will." Then I stepped back, wand still pointed at her heart, "AVADA-" Then I turned around, and before my aunt could register what happened, I shouted, "KEDRAVA!", and she dropped to floor. The shield dropped, but everyone, including myself stood shocked at what I did. Harry and Ron being first to register what happened ran to Hermione and I.