Chapter.11 Here we Go

"So are you talking to me now?" Matt asked, a little too smug considering our last conversation.

I rolled my eyes, getting up from the table, stalking over to him. I crossed my arms as I stood in front of him, waiting for him to crack a stupid joke or say something dumb.

"I guess that's a no then," he laughed. "Well, if you aren't going to talk, I guess I will. Nicole, the reason I was on the phone so early this morning is because they want me at the set tomorrow morning. Instead of leaving tomorrow, we have to leave tonight. That is, if you still want to come with my dumb ass," he smirked.

I sighed, "why didn't you just tell me that earlier?"

"You never gave me a chance. And, honestly, you were pissing me off a little back there."

"You are such a dick. Stop laughing," I grunted, punching his arm.

"I'm sorry, it's just really funny when you get mad." He moved closer to me, uncrossing my arms, taking one of my hands and kissing it as he raised it to meet him lips. "And kind of sexy."

I smiled, sighing again. "You know, you're lucky you are so attractive." He laughed, throwing his head back and then kissed me on the forehead. "So why were you too busy to answer your phone? And where were you all day?"

"I was in and out of meetings with the producers all day, talking about the set backs with the timing. I didn't even have my phone on me while in the meetings. I left it in the car which was why I was so late getting here. My phone melted in the car and I had to get a new one. I figured you'd be wondering where I was and I wouldn't have time to get a new one tomorrow since I'll be working."

Truth is, Evan softened me up a little. When he thanked me for bringing two, soon to be three, of the most important relationships into his life, it got me thinking. Matt and I's relationship is one of, if not the most important, relationship I have in my life. I'd be stupid to let that go or ruin it over this. His explanation made sense. I believed him. I trusted him. And that's what this is all about. If you don't have trust in your relationship, what do you have? I'll tell you what you'll have, a constant nagging voice in the back of your mind that always has you second guessing everything. And that is no way to live.

I looked at him, measuring his expression for a second and then nodded. "Okay."

"Okay?" He asked, scrunching his face together. "That's it? Okay?"

I laughed. "Do you want me to get mad again?"

His expression changed again as he pulled me close to him, running his hand up my back. "Well maybe later," he smirked.

"I don't know. I've been mad a lot today. I don't want my sexiness to overwhelm you," I sighed, flipping my hair.

He chuckled, kissing me for a moment and then letting go. "I'm sorry Nicole."

"It's okay Matt. These are the kind of fights we'll have to deal with when we're married so I guess a little practice is good," I winked.

He smiled, wide eyed. "I'm okay with the practice fights as long as we can do a lot of practice making up."

"I guess that wouldn't be too bad," I smiled, kissing his cheek.

"You missed," he whispered, pulling me back.

"Ugh, gross. I guess you two made up?" Christina laughed from behind us. "Get a room!" She giggled.

Matt smiled, showing all of his teeth. "Okay!"

I slapped his arm and he laughed. "Come on, lets get back to the party."

"Actually Nicole, we have to go," Matt sighed. "We have to get to the set, remember?"

Christina half ran over to me. "You're leaving? But the party just started!"

I placed my hand on her shoulder, trying to calm her down as much as I could before I told her I'd be leaving for two weeks when she was so pregnant. "Uh, about that--"

"Nicole!" She wined.

"Christina listen, Matt and I have to leave to get to his movie set. They need him sooner than he thought."

She rolled her eyes, mumbled a few inappropriate things, stomped her foot, and then sighed. "Fine. You can leave. You bitch," she smiled, hugging me. "I'll miss you, you whore."

"Thanks. I'll miss you too, you crazy bitch. Try not to go into labor when I'm gone."

She shook her head, her eyes wide. "Don't even joke about that. I've been having nightmares of my vagina ripping when this kid come out."

"And thank you for that . . . lovely visual Christina," Matt shuttered, stepping back. "But we really have to get going."

She rolled her eyes. "Okay, okay you two have fun."

"Where's Evan? I want to say bye," Matt asked.

"Uh . . ." I pointed to the living room where Evan was doing a keg stand with the help of his cousin Alex, beer spilling out from his mouth and onto the floor as the cheers of everyone around him erupted.

"I'll tell him you were looking for him," Christina laughed. "Plus, he probably won't remember the conversation come tomorrow."

"True," Matt nodded, smiling at his idiot of a best friend. "We'll see you soon Chris. Take care of my God-daughter," he winked.

"I'll do my best," she gleamed.

Matt and I snuck out the back incase there were any paparazzi stalking us. When we got home, I saw that my suitcase was already packed and ready to go. "Wow, you didn't waste anytime," I smiled.

"I told you I was busy today," he smirked. "Alright, ready?"

"As I'll ever be. Let's go finish a movie!"

There was a car waiting for us outside of the house. The driver opened the door for us, taking our bags first. Matt slipped him a tip and I got a feeling of deja vu. I got a flash back of the first day I saw Matt getting out of his limo as he gave a tip to his driver. I felt like I was on the outside that day. Today, I'm living that life. And it was only the beginning.