Forever Dead ::13:: Ghosts of the Past

Comincia dall'inizio

“It means brunettes are boring and I’m fun.”

“I’m fun.”

“I’m sure, being all broody and secretive might have Bella Swan wrapped around your finger, but not me. I like blondes.” I said before even realizing that Xander is in fact a blonde. Nicholai just laughed.

“Believe me, if you and I were alone we could have tons of fun.”

“And see, there’s your problem, blondes can have fun anywhere with any amount of people.”

“Kinky.” He said and winked. I realized then I had been flirting with him and mentally smacked myself. Stop drawing attention to yourself! I yelled at my brain and just rolled my eyes.

“Yeah, well, I’ll leave you two to it.” I said and waved goodbye to Macy, who stood frowning in front of the television.

“What the fuck is wrong with you, Audrina?” I whispered to myself.

“Everything.” I heard behind me. I turned and saw Mandy standing in front of her bedroom door.

“What do you want from me?” I asked, exasperated.

“Just to tell you if you ever touch me again, you’ll be the next one dead.” And with that she shut the door. I shivered and walked towards my bedroom. I was more confused then ever. Who was the killer? Was it that guy Quinn like Nicholai suggested to Xander? Or was it one of the Potentials? I had thought vampires were monsters, but it never occurred to me that humans could be too. I knew from first hand experience.

“10?” Lucia said from the hall. I looked down and met her eyes.

“Yes?”

“The Young Master said I was to take you to your brother now.” I grinned, nearly forgetting about our deal.

“Perfect.” I sighed and walked towards her. She gave me a small smile and we began descending the steps to the foyer. She took me down a different hall this time.

“This is Princess Katreena’s private quarters, here in the West wing,” she said opening a set of double doors. This part of the castle was totally a girls. The walls were a light gold with pink and silver designs around the borders. It was very feminine. I was in love.

I found myself in a parlor a few moments later, staring at Charlie.

“Hey sis.” He said hugging me. I clung onto him and breathed in his scent.

“I’ve missed you.” I said.

“It’s only been like a day.” He said laughing. I laughed too, wiping my eyes.

“Still…” he sat down and I sat across from him, noting that the parlor was in a Victorian Theme. The couches were comfy at least.

“So where’s your…Mate.” I said, testing the word.

“She’s getting fitted for dresses. She’s planning a Mating ceremony…I guess it’s kind of like a wedding.” He said shrugging his shoulders. I nodded my head, lowering it.

“Am I invited?” I whispered.

“Yes! I think all the Potentials are going. But you’re my sister, you’re in it!” he said laughing.

“In it? How…?”

“It’s sort of like a bridesmaid, but I guess you’d be called a Matesmaid haha.”

“Yeah, hardy ha.” I said hitting him lightly.

“So, really, how is everything? Is he hurting you?” Charlie asked, all traces of joking gone.