Coming back to...Hell?

I, Chloe Twining, have come back to the Twining estate and... *tumbleweed* Wait where is everyone? 

A carriage stops near the front gates as to where I'm standing. "Chloe is that you?" I heard my dear brother with his deep clear voi- oh let's cut the crap. 

"William! Look, I've brought back great books from-"

I was in the middle of showing him my suitcase when he began to yell at me from the distance. "Have you been traveling, again, all this time?! Did you even carry a clean set of clothing? You're a lady for goodness sake Chloe! Act like one!" 

Before I could utter a word, he stomped off to the front door. "Nice to be back big brother." I mumbled dragging the suitcase of books. "Missed you too."

•~•~•~•

"Kevin why were you in the fields?" I asked as I finally came to the front door. 

Kevin looked at me astonished. He came closer and said, "Mistress, you shouldn't be carrying that. Here let me." I apparently had no choice since the suitcase was whisked from my hands within seconds. I let out sigh in defeat.

While walking into the house, Kevin began to explain the situation at hand. "Your uncle went bankrupt and the debt collectors came by and took everything." I mostly blocked everything out and caught these tiny bits. We were sadly at the last door.

William turned to Kevin and asked, "What of the other servants?" 

Kevin answered, "Everyone else has left besides me." 

William let out a sigh and with a loose fist, knocked on Kevin's shoulder. "Well I guess I can't pay you so you're free." 

Kevin grabbed his hand and my hand. He then bowed and stated, " The Cecil family has served the Twinings for generations. I have no intention of leaving. I shall remain ever at your side." His hand was on top of ours as he said that. William, embarrassed as he was, thanked him while I gave a warm smile.

Why is this too good to be true?  "No problem! I'm staking everything on that big brain of yours!" Kevin said with a smile. I knew it. 

"Wait! What about me?" My pouty face turned to look at Kevin. 

"How about I split some money with you to buy chocolate cake, hm?" I grinned at him and shook his hand. "You sir, have a deal. William, continue to grow smarter!" 

I knew it was our mini inside joke as we both laughed obnoxiously, William obviously ticked off per usual. 

"What am I, your lottery ticket?!" Something clicked in his head. "That's right, my tuition! If I can't pay, I'll have to quit school!" 

I shook my head at him. "So that's the only reason why you came home."

He ran around the house going room to room. "Damn, is there anything worth some money?" He walked a couple of steps forward. 

Please don't ask me to search. Please don't ask me to search. Please do- "Kevin." I'm safe! "Do you know if there's anything like a hidden safe or a secret room? Maybe a hidden door?" He looked frantic like he was ready to believe something was going to pop out of nowhere. 

Kevin held a disbelieving face. "Come now, this isn't a fairy tale. Such things..."

•~•~•~•

I finished the thought, "...do exist." Even Kevin didn't know this door existed. What other surprises did this house have!? 

William broke the door down with force and ended up with a cut wound