Chapter Thirty: A Lesson in Funology.

Start from the beginning

"Where are we going to go next? Chuck E. Cheese's?" I rolled my eyes, leaning my hand on the window. 

"Dang it! You guessed it!" Alex joked, pouting. I chuckled. 

We pulled into the mall parking lot and made the short journey to the arcade. When we entered, it mostly empty, considering it was around 6:30 in the morning. 

"Come on," he pulled me to a dancing game, where there where two platforms, with arrows pointing in different directions, and screen in eye level. You had to stomp on the respectful arrows as they appeared on the screen. "I rock at this game!" he cheered, as he brought a bag of quarters out of his jacket. 

"You? You can dance?" I rose an eyebrow, taking my place next to him. 

"Yes, I can. And I will crush you." 

"Okay, fine! If  I win, you have to buy me ice cream. And If I lose..." I trailed off, as Alex selected a song. 

"If you lose, I get to pick where we go for lunch." 

"Deal," I nodded. Alex selected Pocket Full of Sunshine and we both entered our names and got ready. The automated voice began the countdown. 

3...

2...

1...

GO! 

I got a pocket,
got a pocket full of sunshine
I've got a love and I know that it's all mine
oh.oh,oh
Do what you want,
but you're never gonna break me,
sticks and stones are never gonna shake me
oh,oh,oh

I pressed the arrows on the screen, often earning 'perfects' or 'epic failure!' which flashed on my screen.  Alex and I got into the game, our hands moving with our feet. At the end, we were laughing like crazy people and in a hot and sweaty mess. 

No innuendo intended. 

CASS WINS! 

NICE TRY, ALEX IS A SEXY BEAST! 

The screen read. 

"You put your name in as 'Alex is a sexy beast?'" I laughed at the panting Alex. 

"It's true!" he defended himself. 

"I WON!" I realized, jumping up and down. "I won, I won, I won," I cheered, doing a little jig. Alex eyed me weirdly. 

(Gif on the right ------------->)

"What is wrong with you?" 

"Everything," I simply stated. This caused him to laugh and and drag me to another game. 

"I bet I can beat you in this shooting game," he quipped to me. 

"Oh, you're on, Waters." 

**********************************************************************************************************

 Well, as it turns out, I can't use a gun. 

Or a joystick. 

Or press buttons. 

But I can dance! 

Alex had beaten me in every other game, expect for the first one. We played the rest of the games until the bag of quarters ran out. We exited the arcade, blinking at the sudden light. 

"Wait," I stopped Alex, as he began walking. "Let's take a picture." I took out my phone and Alex put his arm around my shoulder. 

A gesture so simple, but that sent a million thoughts flying into my head. 

"Um, Cass? You going to take that picture anytime soon?" 

I realized that I had froze, my phone showing our faces, and my thumb just hovering over the capture button. Cheeks flaming, I grinned alongside Alex and snapped the picture. We began walking back to the car and I realized that Alex still had his arm around me. This thought only caused me to redden as I checked the time. "Why are you blushing?" Alex inquired, snapping me out of my daze. 

"Oh, I just realized that we spent like 4 hours playing video games and its like 10:30," I lied. 

Yeah, Alex, I'm just red as a flipping tomato because your freaking arm is around my shoulder like I'm your freaking girlfriend. 

"So, that gives you a reason to blush?" He rose an eyebrow. I nodded, looking straight ahead. Alex said nothing in return, instead he stopped walking. "Alex? What are we doing at the entrance of the mall?" I asked, noticing that we stood in front of the glass doors. The mall was right next door to the arcade. 

"It's the next activity on your lesson in funology," he pulled me through the doors. 

"My lesson in funology?" 

"Yes, and I'm your professor. You need to learn how to loosen up and not be so... stiff." He explained as he entered the bustling crowds of shoppers. 

"Stiff?! I'm not stiff!" I exclaimed, as I took a step away from Alex, causing his arm to slide off my shoulders. I immediately regretted the decision to move. 

"Have you ever broken the law?" His eyes twinkled. 

"Why? Have you?" I asked incredulously. 

"See? This is what I mean! STIFF!" He threw his hands up in the air. 

"Well, taking me shopping is not exactly teaching me how to have fun," I scoffed. 

"Who said anything about shopping?" 

"But-" 

"There are other things you can do in the mall besides shop. You can prank people." He grinned mischievously. My eyes widened. 

"We could get caught and sent to prison! You know what happens to girls like me to prison?" I harshly whispered. 

"You're not going to go to prison, Cass. I'll protect you," he laughed. 

His words echoed in my head. 

I'll protect you. 

____________________________________________________________________________

Well, there it is! The first installment of the day of the fun!!

Comments? Suggestions? Hopes? Predictions? Ships? 

A couple questions: 

1) Who do you guys think Marcus, the guy in the previous chapter is? 

2) What type of crazy fun will Alex and Cass get up to?

3) Why did Alex have to leave so suddenly after they finished working on their project?

4) What will happen next?

Don't forget to vote, comment and fan! <3