Chapter Thirty: A Lesson in Funology.

Start from the beginning

"What do you want, master?" He grinned, already talking as if he was my slave. 

"Hmmm....surprise me!" I decided with a smile. Alex immediately began cracking eggs, getting out things from the fridge, making toast. 20 minutes later, a steaming meal consisting of eggs, bacon and toast was placed in front of me, along with a steaming cup of coffee. 

"Eat up." 

"Aren't you going to have something?" 

He shook his head, locks of hair falling on his forehead. "I already ate." 

I quickly ate the delicious meal, savouring every bite. "Hungry much?" Alex quipped, raising a dark eyebrow. Rolling my eyes, I drank the coffee. 

"You never explained why you woke up so early. It's already 5:45," I told Alex, looking at the oven. His eyes widened. 

"Shoot, we're going to be late." 

"Late for what?" 

"Come on," he grabbed my arm, pulling me behind him as I drank the last gulf of coffee. I only had enough time to grab my phone and shove it in my pocket. We exited the house, eneveloped by the cool, morning air. It was still dark out, but you could tell it was becoming lighter. He pulled me to his fancy car and we both entered. As he sat down, he handed me a tie. 

"Put this on as a blindfold," he informed me, as he began driving. 

"What? No." 

"I get full control of the day! And where we're going is a surprise," he insisted. 

Sighing, I gave in, tieing it firmly around my eyes, leaving me blind. I crossed my arms and sunk into my seat. "I didn't even have time to get my wallet," I whined. 

"I'll be paying for everything," he simply stated. Soon after that, he stopped driving and exited the car. My door opened and Alex gently held my hand, guiding me out of the car. He held me facing forwards, his warm hands on my shoulders, sending tingles down my back. 

"Can you untie me now?" I sighed. His fingers fumbled with the knot, but eventually the tie came down. Blinking, I gasped at the scene in front of me. 

We were at the top of some cliff, and the sky in front of us. 

Oh. My. God. 

Pink, red, gold, yellow raced the sky, making it a truly picture-perfect scene. 

Sunrise. 

Alex had taken me to see the sunrise. 

I sat down, cross legged, taking in the beautiful colors splashed on the sky in front of me. 

I watched carefully as I saw the sun make its majestic arrival into the sky, but something troubled me. 

I felt someone's gaze on me, and I turned my head slightly to see Alex looking at me, as if I were a strange animal. 

"What?" 

"Nothing," he shook his head, a small smile playing at his lips. He moved closer to me, our shoulders touching. Without a word, he wrapped an arm around my shoulder and pulled me close, my head resting on his shoulder. 

And it was perfect. 

***************************************************************************************************************

"Where to now, gov'n?" I chirped in a terrible British accent as I put my seat belt on. Alex reversed the car and began driving back in the direction of town. 

"To the arcade." 

"Seriously?" 

"Yes, the arcade. The number one best place to go for fun!"