Oh Friendlies

"Tobin! Get up!" Alex screams from the other side of the room.
"Tobs. Seriously." Kelley says from the bed next to me. "We are playing Colombia today."
I opened my eyes and the sun from the hotel window blinds me. "Uh." I complain.
On the TV was a Barca game. They were up 2-0 against Manchester United.
"YES!" Alex screams. The screen replayed the goal. Messi had it on the left flank and found Neymar in the middle. He cuts it back and finds the back of the net with a beautiful spin on the ball.
"Damn." Kelley says, looking at the tv as she puts on her training shirt. She throws mine right at my face so I couldn't see.
"Thanks." I laughed.
"I know we have talked about this, but do you guys seriously like the new crests?" I ask.
Alex comes out of the bathroom and looks at Kelley and I.
"Um. I mean, they're clean. But I miss the old one." She says.
"Ya, I agree." Kelley and I say at the same time.
"We have to be in the lobby by 9:00. Jill said we are jogging outside." Alex says.
I press the button on my phone and the screen reads 8:55. I put my training uniform on and grab my lucky Mercurials. I loved the freshness of the white and bright Crimson on them. They fit my feet so well. I slid my sneakers on and grabbed my US jacket.

We jogged for about 30 minutes before we had to do some recovery. We still had a game to play later so we couldn't over do it.
"Where are we again?" I asked Alyssa the backup goalkeeper, as we were finishing our run. I knew she was from Connecticut so she must of lived around here since CT was small.
"East Hartford." Alyssa replied.
I looked around. It was pretty. I liked the East coast. Mostly because I grew up in Basking Ridge, New Jersey about 2 hours from CT. I had only been here a couple times, but it was nice.
"Hello everyone. Welcome to Hartford. It's a nice day and a great game day. You guys have the rest of the day to relax, until 4:30. We will meet at the lobby and the bus will take us to Pratt and Whitney Stadium, home of the Uconn Huskies." Jill spoke. "Oh also, welcome our new Trainer, Brad." He walked out from the crowd. He blocked the sun from his face, and started to speak.
"Hi. I'm Brad, your new trainer. I played right around here, at University of Connecticut. I'll be training with you as well as helping with recovery. If you guys have anything bothering you, let me know. I'm here to create a healthy environment and decrease injuries. Thanks."
Everyone clapped. Including me. He had a messy bed of hair, but it was cool. I had never seen anything like it. His eyes were green like mine and he was pretty tall.
Alex nudged me. "Tobin."
"What. Sorry." I said.
"What are you looking at?" She asked.
I turn away and look back at Alex. "Nothing."

Moe, Kling, Alex, Kelley, Christen and I all decided to hangout and walk around downtown. I grabbed my favorite pair of Nike sweats and my PDA shirt. Everyone had sweats and tees on except Kelley. She had a Hawaiian shirt with some Under Armour leggings.
"Cute." Alex said to Kelley.
"Thanks." Kelley said as she put on her sunglasses on.
We were all together in the lobby, except Moe. I reached for my phone and tapped the name "Morgan Brian."
"Hello?" Moe answered.
"We are waiting for you in the lobby. It's 11:09. We were supposed to meet at 11:00 do you still want to come?" I said.
"Ya, I was looking up Macaroon places near hear. I'll be down in a sec." Moe said with a laugh and hung up.

We walked around downtown. Surprisingly, there were only a few fans who stopped and took pictures. But, it was really nice to be able to have some free time before a game. All the sudden Kling and Moe started running in front of us. They zipped inside a bakery that read "Macs and More". Moe and Kling had already got a little box filled so I decided to treat myself. I wasn't big into sweets but I got a couple Macaroons anyway.
"Here Tobin." My teammates said calling me to the filled table.
"Its ight I will sit over here." I replied. I gazed outside. The sun was strong but there was still a slight breeze outside. "It's a perfect game day" I said to them, my head still to the window.
"Ya. It is." An unfamiliar voice said.
I looked up. It was our new trainer.
"Hi, Tobin right?" He said as he sat across from me.
I kind of stared for a quick second. "Um ya. Ya. That's me."
He laughed. "I'm Brad."
"I know. How could I forget? I mean..." I mumbled.
Shoot. Why am I so nervous? I have guy friends back home.? I thought to myself.
"Ready for the game?" Brad said.
"Ya, actually." I said.
"I've seen you play. Megging all the players you can. You're pretty good Heath." He said.
"That's what I do." I said and laughed.
I could see all the girls staring at us in the corner of my eye.
"Alright well I'll see you guys after the game." Brad said and left.
"Oh my god." Alex said.
"Tobin has a crush?" Kling said.
They all started asking me questions.
"Are you into him? I have never seen you act like that around a guy."
"Okay. Okay." I said. "I'll admit he's cute. But he's our trainer."
"So?" Kelley said.
I looked at my friends.
"We sound like we're in middle school. I was just a little nervous I guess. I don't even like him." I said.
Everyone seemed so interested in how I felt. Except Christen.

Working on chapters two!!!! To be continued.