Chapter Two

Rukia's pov

        Father has been talking about his new business partner. He has been talking about how trustworthy and liable he seemed. "Ruq habibti get dressed I want to introduce Mr. Amr to you and your mother. We will be joining him for dinner. Hurry up."  "Okay,...okay but what does this have to do with me ahhhhh...." I complained and went into my room to get changed. I picked out one of my abayas that had beautiful beads around the wrist. I put that on and putted on my hijab. After I was done I rushed down stairs to join my parents who were waiting inside the car.

          I got into the back seat of the car where my parents are seated. Mr. Mansoor, my father's chauffeur is on the driver's seat. The atmosphere somehow became awkward. Then mom broke the silence starting off talking  about  something I always avoid to talk about. "Ruq when are you getting married?....Huh?" She started inquiring. I looked through the window to avoid her eyes and pretended I didn't hear.
"Ruq  you've already rejected Mr. Jemil and Mr. Fuad's proposals. Why is it that you reject all the proposals that you get? Huh? What do I do with you? You are already 23 and I just hope you won't die alone! Stagfirulah!"

       "Mom!" I flushed red and turned to my dad to defend me. Unlike mom, dad does want me to rush into marriage. I am glad he is always on my side when it comes to marriage. Finally Mr. Mansoor hit the brake and the car came to halt. We all got off the car. We were at a fancy restaurant. My father led the way while me and mom followed behind. We reached to our table and there stood a fine looking man right infront.

      Dad reached his hands calling him 'Amr'. Wait that's dad's partner?  I thought quietly. He looked so young and handsome. His bushy eye brows and finely edged jaw gave him a manly look. His hazel brown colored eyes made me feel like I'll drown in them. His slightly curly neck length hair looked so cool that I wanted to run my fingers through it. His broad shoulders and tall figure...... Ahhhhhhhhh. I'm running out of words to express how handsome he is.  Rukia what are you doing? You can't look at a man that way. Pull yourself together!  I thought.
"Asalamualeykum!" He greeted still avoiding to look at us, the ladies. His voice so hoarse and manly!!! What is happening to me? Okay Nura don't look up! I told myself. We finally took a seat. Me and mom where having our private girl chat. Mom was telling me hilarious things that dad did when he was young. We were both so into the conversation that we forgot Amr was there. We laughed out loud enough that both my dad and Amr turned to look at us. As soon as I noticed that we were too loud my smile faded and it all turned out into an awkward silence. I slightly lifted my head to see Amr's reaction. Our eyes met we both froze for a second and we quickly avoided to look at eachother. I chuckled quietly.

           Few minutes later I for some reason took the courage to take a glimpes out of curiosity. And again our eyes met. But this time I felt something, maybe his eyes are trying to tell me something. I must have stared too much he avoided my gaze and looked at my dad who was saying something to him.

Amr's pov

          Mashallah! She's beautiful! As I slightly took a glimpse at her I was able to notice her amazing grey eyes, her straight nose and her slightly tinted rosey lips. It made me want to protect her. Embrace her and make her mine. Our eyes had met again for the second time.

Dude your making this too obvious, getting caught while staring! Lower your gaze you jerk!  I told myself and immediately avoided the eye contact.

           "Thank you Amr I had quite a good time. And I hope you won't mind me calling you by your name. It's just that you seemed quite young and so I found it easy to just call you Amr. I hope you don't mind that." Mr. Abubakhar noted.
"Not at all. I'm glad you would call me that. Thank you and as I'm guessing our plan will be continuing as we have discussed! Am I right?"
"Yes, indeed! Make sure to let me know if there is any progress so far."
"I sure will."