"What? Are you going to storm into the palace with a whole army?" You joked.

"I'm tempted to." Fidelis replied.

"And how are you going to do that?"

"It will happen [Name]. Nothing is stopping me if I have to."

You remained silent when you realized he wasn't joking around. His brows were furrowed and his lips were formed into a tight line. He had that unwavering look in his eye that you knew so well, which gave the clear indication that he was serious.

"I'm just sick and tired of having to wait for things to get better when it's obvious that it's not going to happen." Fidelis continued.

You chuckled dryly. "You're not alone."

"It's like, we're just being left to die." Fidelis muttered, his fiery gaze intensified. "What do we have to do in order for us to get the salvation we deserve?"

"Why don't we just talk to him." You suggested.

Fidelis scoffed at your idea."Like that is possible? What, do you think he's just gonna invite you into a castle for a tea party and a nice chat?" he let out a short laugh. "You're hilarious [Name]."

"I'll do it." You said.

Fidelis snorted. "You're joking."

"No, I'm serious." You argued, your voice turning more stern. "I'll go talk to this king of ours. "If more than anything, he needs to hear it face to face with his people. I'm sure he wants to know what his kingdom is thinking."

But Fidelis continued to doubt your words. "Don't be stupid, You'll be killed before you even set foot inside the gates."

Your lips fell into a frown. "It doesn't hurt to try." you mumbled.

"Do you think he'll even want to talk to people like us?" Fidelis interjected. "We're being treated like nothing but peasants while this excuse of a king lounges all day, not giving a damn about his own people dying one by one under his feet!" his voice began to yell.

"Shh, Luca's still sleeping Fidelis." you hissed.

"Sorry.." Fidelis immediately quietened down. "How is he?" he asked.

You shook your head. "He has a fever. But I gave him the medication already, hopefully his temperature goes down soon." you explained. "I was going to take him out today as well."

Fidelis gaze lowered and he remained quiet. "I'm sorry to hear that." he said, no longer pressing the issue.

"Oh you know it happens a lot Fidelis it's nothing." you waved off his apology. "Plus, I was going to go into the city run some errands until you came along."

"I can go and help you out if you like?" FIdelis offered. "I can stay home with Luca while you go do your thing."

"Are you okay with that?" you questioned. "I can always do them another time."

"Don't worry about it." Fidelis reassured with a smile. "I've already told you; I'm always here if you need me."

You smiled. "Thanks Fidelis."

Upon returning to your room, you quickly grabbed the things you need such as your bag and a light jacket, careful to not wake up Luca. However just as you were about the leave the room, a croaky voice called out to you. Turning around, you noticed Luca had woken up. He was sitting up on the bed, his hair was a sweaty mess and his eyes were still droopy from sleep.

"Sis," he called out again. "Where are you going?"

You smiled and walked over to sit on his bed. "I'm just popping into the city to run some errands."