You smiled at him sadly and shook your head. Your actions were enough to make your little brother's heart drop. "I'm sorry buddy, not with you like this." you smiled sadly and ruffled his coarse hair, damp with sweat.

"But I can still go out!" Luca protested. "This fever is nothin--" however despite his words, he was cut off with a throbbing pain to his head. "Urgh." he moaned in pain and brought a hand to clutch at his head. "M-My head."

Gently, you pushed Luca down from the shoulders so he was lying back down on the bed."I'm sorry Luca." you apologised again. "Maybe next time okay?"

"But I don't wanna stay ho--" Luca tried to protest but his voice was starting to sound drained. It wasn't long until the side effects of the medication kicked in and Luca was sent into a drowsy spell. Closing his eyes, he sank deeper into his bed before he was sent into another long slumber. When you were sure he was fast asleep, you grabbed the empty glass from the stack of crates and walked out the small room. Breathing out a heavy sigh, you closed the door behind you.

"Looks like I'm gonna be stuck at home as always." you muttered. Your eyes scanned your disarrayed and filthy surroundings, Everything was a mess. Though the house was already not in the best shape. you still tried your best to keep it clean. "Might as well do some cleaning."

It was close to late morning by the time you finished cleaning majority of the house. All that was left to do was the kitchen. However as you were being too focused on scrubbing the remaining dishes left in the sink from the night before, you didn't hear the sound of footsteps approaching behind you. It was only till you felt a tap on your shoulder did you yelp in shock and drop the glass you were washing.

"Crap, I'm sorry [Name]!"

You turned your head to see Fidelis standing behind you with a horrified expression on his face from what he had just done.

You clicked your tongue at the disaster you had caused ."It's alright, it's not your fault." you reassured and bent down to pick up the glass shards scattered across the floor. As you were collecting the larger pieces you felt your thumb run over one of the sharp edges. You hissed and pulled your hand away from the shard to look at your finger. It was cut deep, and immediately blood started to run down your finger to the palm of your hand.

"Oh gods are you bleeding?" Fidelis quickly bent down to to help you. "Are you okay?" he asked with concern. "Do you need any help?"

Bringing your now blood covered finger to your lips, you sucked on the cut to ease the bleeding. wincing at the slight sting from your saliva making contact with the wound. The metallic taste from the blood invaded your taste buds. "It's just a cut Fidelis. I'm not going to die." you said, rolling your eyes. You stood up from your crouched position to get a band-aid which you had stored in the kitchen drawers. "You should've told me that you were coming over."

"Well you did say I could come in whenever I wanted, I mean you did give me a copy of the keys for that reason." Fidelis said after he dumped the last bit of glass into the bin and sat himself down at the kitchen table.

It was true. When you moved into this dump, you gave Fidelis a copy of the keys to allow him not to only invite himself in whenever he pleased, but also to look after Luca whenever you were at work. He didn't live far either, only a ten minute work in another run down apartment. Of course that was the only thing you two could afford at this stage.

"So tell me, how was the meeting this morning?" you asked as you sat down across him.

Fidelis sighed deeply. "It was alright, we're still discussing strategies to reform, well at least to just get the king's attention it just seems like protests aren't doing anything. We need something bigger."