I drive around for a while until I come to a stop at the parking lot near the pear and I shut off the engine, looking out onto the beach. I look at the water with longing and smile before grabbing my phone and headphones and getting out.      

            I take off my socks and shoes, putting them in the backseat of my car before walking out onto the shore, the sand soft on the bottom of my feet as I walk to the water’s edge. My music plays in my ears, the lyrics only being played to me.

            When I have made to the water I walk out until the water is up to my knees and I look out. The cool breeze runs over my skin, grazing it softly. It wraps around me like an embrace. The water caresses my legs, wrapping around them with its cool touch.

            I look out onto the horizon, finding it dark. The sun is hidden by dark rain clouds today, making it not too hot and not too cold. The water is slightly cool though, it feels good.

            The salty air fills my nose and the seagulls occasionally hover in the sky.

            The sounds around me have been silenced and replaced with my music. The beat and lyrics fill my ears and carry me away. I shut my eyes, spread out my arms, and lean my head back. The breeze pushes at me and I smile.

            Soon I feel a water droplet fall onto my cheek, then my forehead, then my shoulders. I open my eyes and find rain drops falling into the water. I smile once more before running to my car, throwing my headphones and phone onto my seat before returning to the beach.

            The rain falls onto the sand, making the texture moist and soft. I walk to the water’s edge once more before walking along it, letting the rain soak into my clothes and onto my skin. I begin picking up sea shells and even find a starfish.

            The rain is chilled due to the cool temperature and goose bumps pop onto my skin slightly but I keep on walking.

            Suddenly my foot hits something hard and I look down, finding a glass bottle at my feet. It was a beautiful teal color with a cork top. I bend down slowly and pick it up, I brush away the wet sand in pear inside, my eyes finding a object inside.

            My eyebrows pull down in curiousness and I turn around and begin walking to my car, eager to know what it is that is inside.

            When I have finally made it back I lay down one of my old jackets and put my seashells and starfish on top of it. I keep the bottle in my hands and regaurdless as to how wet I am I sit down in my front seat and shut the door.

            The sound of the rain pounding on the roof of my car fills the silence and makes noise around me like music. I look at the bottle in my hands before removing the cork and shaking the object out. A rolled piece of paper falls into my open hand and I set the bottle down in my lap before unrolling the piece of paper.

            Love.

            Something I never thought I would feel.

            Something I am still surprised I feel.

            This feeling has caused me to do things I wouldn’t normally do, things I wouldn’t normally think, and things I wouldn’t normally say.

            But how could I not?

            She is beautiful. Caring, and that night I spent with her was the best night I have ever had. Every time I had slept with another girl, I wish it was her, wished that she didn’t think about me the way she did. But how could she not? I have brought the reputation upon myself.