Page 2.

Me and Henry were walking around the town " Thank you again for all of this" he said putting a hand on my shoulder " It's nothing really" I said chuckling.

" You really are a sweet boy aren't you" he said and I shyly looked away " Are you ok" he asked and I looked forward at the crowd of people " Yeah im ok just thinking" I said and he patted my back " I know we just met yesterday but you can talk to me if need be" he said and I gave him a small smile.

We were walking around town " So is there a lot of homeless" I asked watching a small buggy and horse ride by " Well in the past year no" he said with a hint of more meaning to it and I raised a brow.

" Ok you trusted us in your home so I should repay the favor sit down" he said as we sat on the sidewalk " You see this city has a dark history we have the rich and the poor, the thieves and the generous" he paused looking around at the people.

" We had a king now there is a rumor that he had an affair with a hand maiden, the maid was kicked out of the kingdom and had a small child it was a boy, the queen could not get pregnant they tried many times but after the birth she went crazy, she killed the woman but could not find the son, the king found out and they publicly hung her" he paused looking at me briefly.

" The king went into hiding they say he killed himself in the castle and his body is locked away while others say that the maiden never died and killed him while others believe it's her son now with that they were just rumors no one could find proof of the maid being pregnant and her body was never found" he said smiling and hugging a young boy before he ran back to his parents.

" Now around 16 years later there were deaths happening it started out slow but then a massacre happened hundreds of the rich were found dead in their homes while the homeless were given money, after that day people got scared they hide behind locked doors no one dares go out at night" he paused taking a drink of his water and sighing then taking a deep breath.

" People say it's the son who got revenge for his mother yet still no one has ever seen him, some people resorted to crime after the murders so this is the town of mirrors we look happy anyone can look normal but behind locked doors demons hide waiting for night before they crawl out to play" he said standing up and motioning for me to follow.

We walked the streets he was quite so was I, maybe I came to the right town or I came to the wrong town if there are other killers here I could run into the wrong hands I thought to myself.

We walked to a lake before sitting down by the waters edge he looked around closely at our surroundings before sitting and patting the grass for me to sit.

" Now I don't want to scare you but I was an assassin at the times, there were many rumors going around but the one that made me quite killing and robbing was the one that scared me the most in this town" he paused looking at me but I just smiled and he gave a small one back.

" They say the man who mudered the rich is the last thing you ever see no one has ever seen him and lived to talk about it, people have tried to track him down but no one has found him or came back to say about it the ones who died their families were killed as well" he paused yet again wiping a tear away.

" I was scared for my family so I stopped and well groups formed in this town except they mark their victims some groups spray on the walls while others leave a pigs head in your yard and so on depending on what group wants you some forced the victims to work for them while others coldly killed them" I placed a hand on his shoulder causing him to pause for a moment.

" Most of these groups don't get very large before their bodies are found hung in the towns square, I fear for my family so I'm sorry if I came off wrong but you must understand why" he said and I nodded to him " I understand because the two men who are with me I took them in at a young age so I care for them like brothers" I said taking a deep breath.

" Now since you trusted me so willingly I should warn, I am an assassin well I generally just steal from the rich to support my boys then help the homeless but if need be I kill as well I do anything to keep the ones around me safe" I said looking at him to see worry and trust in his eyes " My boy you must be careful here" he said patting my back.

" I know I will be I never get caught and never have, I am a bit worried about this man but I don't go out often unless we need the money for something" I said and he nodded " Just make sure my boy is safe if you are ever followed then keep my boy safe" he said and I shook my head.

" I won't just keep him safe you are with me as well and I know we won't talk much living two different lives but I will protect you all if I have to" I said and he hugged me quickly before letting go " It's getting dark we should head back" he said standing up.

I stood up before him and helped since he is still weak, he gave me a small nod before we started on our way back, some people were running around and into houses while others walked calmly around, I gripped my knife through my jacket as its hidden under my shirt.

The walk was long but once we got to the path that lead to the house we slowed our walk " Don't worry if it gets dark I won't let anything happen" I said and he smiled at me " Thank you really I owe you a lot for everything you have done in such little time you are a good boy" he said smiling.

I looked at my feet walking remembering how my dad used to say that back when I was younger before he did what changed my life to what it has become, I looked at him smiling.

I opened the house doors " Goodnight" he said nodding to me and walking to the left " Good night and thank you for today" I said as he smiled back at me, he walked in the door and I stood there staring at the chandelier hanging from the ceiling watching as it sparkled.