8 Days To Say GoodBye

Start from the beginning

The other's blinked in shock turning to face me, I fixed my stance. My feet shoulder width apart, knees bent and hands balled at my sides "AGAIN". Shocked expressions melted to grins "you got it".

I dove to the right, clasping my hands together as I moved to receive the ball. I let out a grin, the light from the windows lining the ceiling poured onto the ball, I fell into my vision almost as though in slow motion. Just as it made contact with the flesh on my arms, a sharp pain surged through me. My heart clenching tightly "Gack--" I sputtered, my arms jolted, sending the ball shooting up and straight back down on my chest.

The wind was knocked out of me as I was thrown backwards, I let out a groans and grunts, yelps and wails as I was thrown back. My back coming into harsh contact with my chest, my lungs compressing my heart further. I went limp as my energy depleted, my head falling forwards, my chin resting on my chest.

"Yamaguchi!" came distant yells. Drowned out by the straining beating of my heart, my team mates-- no, my family. Rushed to my side, screaming my name to get a reaction. I reached forward, fingers twitching and shaking from my lack of energy. I grasped the shirt of the person closest, balling the fabric of their collar in my hands and yanking them towards me.

My lips right next to their ear, I breathed shakily "I-I'm dying" my whisper was so quiet, I wouldn't be surprised if they hadn't heard my voice. The person reeled back, eyes wide with horror. Bright golden/brownish eyes staring down at my weakened figure. Hinata.

"W-what?" he whispered, I lifted a finger to my mouth and shook my head. He mustn't tell anyone else - that's something I have to do on my own.

As Daichi and Sugawara assisted me to stand, I glanced over to the short ginger male "Yamaguchi?" he whimpered.

1 down. 7 to go.

Day 2: Sawamura Daichi
I was assisted home by my captain after the incident, Daichi had assured Suga that it was all right for the male to go home. As his knuckles worked on the wood of my front door, I leaned against him - my eyelids as heavy as lead. The door pulled open slowly, and soon came a soft gasp.

My mother swung the door open, ushering us inside. She stumbled as she guided Daichi upstairs and to my room, the captain laid me down on the bed as my mother pulled the cover's over me. I closed my eyes with a sigh of relief as I melted into the soft mattress.

"Please-- stay here with him. I know it's a lot to ask but-", Daichi cut my mother off "it's fine Mrs. Yamaguchi, I'll stay with him until he wakes up". She let out a sigh of relief "thank you, you're a kind boy", my mother rushed over. Pressing her lips to my forehead, filling my chest with warmth before she scurried off.

Daichi pulled the chair from my computer desk and set it beside the bed, taking a seat on it "what did you say to Hinata?" he whispered. I peeked my eyes open "I'm..." I trailed off, my voice faltering as I struggled to keep my eyes open.

He let out a sigh and leaned back, crossing his arms "get some sleep Yamaguchi, I'll ask again when you wake up". As if his words had flipped a switch inside of me, I was out like a light.

~*~*~*~*~
A soft light hitting my eyelids, a faint warmth painting my features. The light ticklish sensation as my eyelashes brushed my cheeks, I let out a groan and slowly cracked my eyes open. Blinking away the blurriness, watching as the blobs soon formed shapes.

My hairs stood on end, sending shudders down my spine as I felt as though I was being watched. Glancing to the side briefly, a sitting figure caught my attention. I glanced away, before letting out a yelp and pulling the blankets up to cover my clothed chest.