Part 2

"Bentley, it's one hour past curfew! You have to take me home."

I scramble for my clothes as I frantically try to get him to wake up. I'm screwed if mom realizes I'm so damn late.

"Bentley James, get the hell up!"

I push at him and his limp body doesn't react. This is just great. He's drunk, passed out, and my only way home. Grabbing my phone I scroll to Hailey's contact and text her. Please, let her respond.

Nothing.

Still nothing.

The red solo cup on the floor catches my eye. I grab it and figure if this doesn't wake him up nothing will.

"What in the hell!" 

I've drenched his face in the watered down concoction and his reaction is pissed off but at least, he's awake.

He rolls over while wiping at his face and I'm towering over him. Why did I come to this stupid party the night before I leave for college? I should've stayed home because now I'm going to be exhausted and very possibly reamed out by my mom if she catches me coming in this late. I just needed to get away and party. Sitting across the table from Bill today at brunch took every ounce of self-control I had. I had to paint my perfect daughter face on and keep it there no matter how badly I just wanted to stand up and scream.

"Bentley you're such a lightweight. I can't believe you freaking passed out like this. I'm an hour past my curfew. Mom will bring hell down on me if she finds out I'm not home yet. Get up right now, go wash your face, and take me home. God, I cannot wait to get the hell out of this town and away from all of you people. I have no idea why I've wasted my time on you, Bentley."

He rubs his eyes and squints in my direction. "You're eighteen Liz and you leave for college in less than eight hours. Why do you care if you missed curfew? And to answer your question, you wasted your time on me because Jace dumped you."

"Obviously, you've never met my epic bitch of a mother. I assure you that she'll find a way to punish me if she realizes I'm late whether I'm leaving here for college or not. My mother is no joke, Bentley. And fuck you and Jace."

I straighten out my clothes the best I can while heading out the bedroom door only to realize that everyone else is passed out too. Stepping over empty beer cans and drunken bodies I crinkle up my nose at the stench of this place. I turn looking back to make sure he's coming and I see him pulling on his ball cap and digging for his car keys in his pocket.

"Bentley your house stinks and it's absolutely trashed. You're totally fucked if your parents come home early from their trip."

I look around further seeing spilled drinks and food smashed into the once pristine white Berber carpet. The hint of weed hangs heavily in the air and I just shake my head. If I ever had a party like this in my house my life would end instantly. Just seeing the food on the floor makes my heart race and anxiety crawl up my spine. Mom would have a coronary just at the sight of this place and it's not even her house.

We pull up at my house and all of the lights are off. "Turn your lights off Bentley and keep them off until you get out of my driveway."

I shut his truck door as quietly as I can and quickly run to my back door. I punch in the security code and gingerly open the door. Once inside I take a deep breath and remove my shoes. Very quietly I go upstairs to my room and exhale once there. I rest my head against the inside of my door and close my eyes. Thank God I didn't get caught. Soon I'll be off to college and I won't have to worry about my mother or Bill anymore.