Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (fan fiction)

Start from the beginning

"Hermione it has your name on it," I told her, giving my the letter, "Look it says, Miss Hermione Granger bedroom on the right at the top of the stairs."

"Hey, Penny this has your name on it, look on the back there's a funny stamp on it." She snorted. "Bedroom on the right at the top of the stairs."

"Let's open it" I said, I rarely ever get letters, so this is a big deal to me "I'll read it out loud, ok." I told her, she looked over at me and nodded "it says...Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore (order of Merlin first class, grand sorc. chief warlock supreme mugwump, international coifed of wizards)

Dear Miss Jone,we are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Terms begin on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall,deputy headmistress.

Woah" I said stunned. But what the heck is Hogwarts? Obviously it's a school, a school of witchcraft and wizarDRY OMG!!

"We have to get mom... NOW" said Hermione excited.

We told mom and dad everything and today we are going to Diagon Alley (I also want to say that some wizard had come and helped us out, of course Hermione and I were too ecstatic to listen to anything he had to say)

"Wake up, Hermione!" I yelled, jumping on her bed until she kicked me in the knee. Don't worry, that's just how we greet each other, kind of like a good morning, but with more violence.

The two of us ran downstairs, quick to eat breakfast and leave.That evening the same wizard dude came back to take us to Diagon Alley. Dad was busy at the time, so just Hermione, our mom, and I left that evening with the wizard. He led us through a pub full of chattering people to the back, he used his wand to put in a series of patterns before the brick wall created a door way.

"Okay girls lets go in, get your stuff, leave and pack." mum said, looking extremely shocked. Right as we walked in I saw a little street filled with shops of all kind. Once we got our money we started shopping

"so what's on your list?" mum asked, as I pulled out the parchment

"We'll need -

Three sets of plain black work robes,

one black pointed hat,

one pair of protected gloves,

and one winter cloak.

We need the - Standard Book of Spells Grade One by Miranda Goshawk,

A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot,

Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling,

A Beginners Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch,

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore,

Magical Drafts and Potions by Arenius Jigger,

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander,

The Dark Forces : a Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble.

We also need -

1 wand

1 cauldron (pewter standard size 2)

1 set glass or crystal phials

1 telescope

1 set brass scales.

Students may also bring an owl or a cat or a toad. !!!PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALOUD THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS!!!!!" I screamed the last part while people stared at me "what that's what it says" I defended myself as mom and Hermione laughed at me.